Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect distance with Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a lot of wrong logs with the Versa.  Never had an issue with the Charge 2.  losing faith.  Can anyone advise?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@ARPhillips, welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your distance detection. Try measuring your stride length and enter it. After this try these suggestions to improve the GPS signal recording.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue

First tracked walk showed km's in map but miles in splits with wrong pace.

2nd tracked walk looked correct.

3rd tracked walk showed 1.83km when it should have been 3.1km - also wrong pace.

Stride set up in fitbit app.

Upgraded to versa 2 in preparation for my first half marathon and really disappointed.

Never had this problem with my alta hr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A load of us are having the same issue, I've got a versa one and its was 2.5k off on a 10k run this morning. GPS mapping is spot on going by the tracer on the map, seems to be an issue with how the watch is dealing with it.  Adjusting stride only makes up for when its lost its GPS signal, the fact the mapping looks bang on means it hasn't so why is it so far off distance wise.

Best Answer

Yes. What Davie1888 said.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting a Garmin if this is not resolved by Black Friday.  I have a Charge 3 and this is a known problem to Fitbit.  It is not fit for purpose so would appreciate some advice from Fitbit about a refund.  Purchased from Amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am with you guys.  My 2.1 mile run registers as 1.8.  It really destroys my pace. This is getting really old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just been advised by tech support to set up my existing versa as a replacement and go try again same as yesterday. Thankfully i'm taking a guy out on a wee jog tonight to help build him up, got a sneaky suspicion it'll make zero difference but hey ho I'll play the game.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If theres no difference I will be asking about possible refund as well, what use is a tracker that cant track properly!

Best Answer

I did a factory reset. Went for a walk at lunchtime which looked good. Went for another walk after work and didn't get a map. Did another factory reset and took it straight back to the shop and got a refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes