Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is quick replies now available to iOS?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just updated the Fitbit app in my iPhone X, the quick replies is finally clickable, but still not working when I tried it with the Versa, is quick replies now available to iOS?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LizMendoza no, only for Fitbit app notifications. Quick replies are not available on iOS for any other app. This is a limitation of iOS. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

@LizMendoza no, only for Fitbit app notifications. Quick replies are not available on iOS for any other app. This is a limitation of iOS. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @LizMendoza and @Marrrmaduke thanks for the input.

As our friend mentioned, this feature is currently available on devices paired to an Android phone running Android 7.0 or later. Devices paired to an iPhone or Windows 10 phone can respond to Fitbit app notifications, such as messages, cheers, taunts, and friend requests.

If you need anything else, let us know. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I cannot quick text on Versa.  How do I reply on ios?

Best Answer

Hello @Kat2678, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your question with us. Please note that Quick Replies only work with phones running Android. This feature is not available for iOS phones. You can only reply to messages coming through the Fitbit app. 

I understand your concern about this situation. At this moment, our team doesn't have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, our team will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

June 2019. My ionic died this week 19 months old but still under warranty. Replaced with versa which is great BUT so disappointed that “quick reply” function not available to iPhone. IOS users.  There must be thousands who would love the convenience of this feature.  Come on Fitbit fix it.  And speak out Fitbit users who want it. Hope to see it soon. 

Best Answer

Ok thanks for the knowledge I love my fitbit but I guess I got to return it since I can’t use it to respond to message on ughhh such a bummer 😢😢😥

Best Answer

idk why I got it then I can't do anything on it 

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello @Kat2678, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your question with us. Please note that Quick Replies only work with phones running Android. This feature is not available for iOS phones. You can only reply to messages coming through the Fitbit app. 

I understand your concern about this situation. At this moment, our team doesn't have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, our team will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer

Come on everyone. Get voting to get the Fitbit techs to get “ quick replies “ for IOS and not just androids.  More votes more demand = Action.   Thx.  

Best Answer

PLEASE get quick reply option for iPhone. I thought it had that capability and since it doesn’t it’s very disappointing. Will buy an Apple Watch if there are no plans to include this feature in the future 

Best Answer

Fitbit is not the hold up here. Apple wont allow it.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Fix it Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

As @NellyG has said, the issue here is not with Fitbit. It's down to the limitations with iOS and being such a closed OS. I suggest you make Apple aware of your dissatisfaction, either by contacting them or switching to a more open OS.

On a side note, I tried an Apple watch with my Android phone. I couldn't even get it to sync, let alone show and reply to notifications... Smiley Wink I guess there are always going to be issues until companies learn to play nicely (unfortunately it's usually Apple who are the ones dragging their feet). The only ones it's punishing though are the users (and maybe Apple as they are cutting off a huge potential market for Apple watch in Android users). 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thx

Why didn’t u say that in the first place.

U said it was your development issue not external provider

Can start lobbying Apple now
Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

@Rooster2 wrote:

Thx

Why didn’t u say that in the first place.

U said it was your development issue not external provider

Can start lobbying Apple now
Sent from my iPhone

I don't recall ever saying that?

Please bear in mind I do not work for Fitbit, I'm just a normal user like yourself. I don't speak on behalf of the company and all opinions are that of my own.

I think that's the best course of action, although I hold out little hope for you. Its generally Apples way or no way from my experience. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Apologies. I thought u were a Fitbit Employee

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

I am also using iphone and quick replies option is not available for me. As an iphone users we expect all these options available otherwise why we need to buy fitbit instead we can buy apple watch right

Best Answer

Appears quick reply on versa is an Apple problem.  Perhaps Fitbit need to lobby them on behalf of versa iPhone users.  Please get it fixed it is a great feature 

Best Answer

@Sarath265 Unfortunately this is exactly what Apple want you to do and why they refuse to play fairly.

The only thing you can do is vote with your wallet and consider a different phone/OS next time which is more open. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Hiya thanks so the reply isn’t available for ios/iPhone X. No wonder I’ve been looking for answers since.  Time to get the Apple Watch myself then 👌🏻

Best Answer