Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa waterproof?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have seen other topics, however, they are more talking about the Ionic. I'd like to see if anyone has actually gone swimming or showered (doubt the latter) with the Versa on and how did it fair?

I can see with the Ionic the states aren't super accurate however I am not too worried about the stats. I am more wondering about the device itself. Any issues or complications with it post swim or during the swim. I have only had mine a couple of days and have yet to get the guts to sink it.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Back on the bandwagon; Versa, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
504 REPLIES 504

I gave up after four Versas (all within 12 months.) I bought an Apple Watch Series 5 when Target was having a sale (got it for $300). It’s the WiFi only model, so it’s the same as the Versa in terms of being able to receive texts (even better, it can answer the phone.) The interface for sleep tracking is not as nice as the Fitbit one is, but it works. I’ve been too scared to take it swimming, due to my other experience, but it’s gotten wet while washing my hands, doing dishes, etc. and I haven’t had a single problem with it. It also has a great battery life. I love it and am glad I made the change. Now that we have a pool, I’ll be testing out the swim feature as well. It’s not as intuitive as the Fitbit, but it works.

Best Answer
I had the versa for 2 days. It was brand new went swimming and it
immediately was ruined with water. Second versa 2 years never got it wet
...first time ever left it on in the shower..it filled with moisture and
was dead. If you have a swim tracker on your versa it shouldn't matter how
old it is, if it gets wet it should be able to work!!!!
Best Answer

I also charge mine while I'm in the shower. Why wear the watch when it doesn't track showering. Rather charge it and have full battery for morning and night. I/fitbit also recommend to charge it around 30-20% battery to extend it's life. I also use a screen protector for the Versa, I recommend everything I stated. 

Best Answer

I am now on my 4th Versa! 3x Versa 1 and 1z Versa 2 and I swam in the first one for only 3 weeks before it packed up, the other 3 stopped working after getting caught in a rain shower! All I am ever offered is a replacement or 50% off a different Fitbit. When I ask for a refund I am sent a blanket email statement that there are many specifications and that Fitbit reserves the right to refuse it. I am not willing to spend even more money posting them back with no guarantee of a refund. I am thoroughly unimpressed.

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for your participation in the Forums and for all the inquiries about the water resistant devices. As all of you already know, most Fitbit devices are water-resistant to 50 meters. They're designed to be swimproof and stand up to even the sweatiest of workouts. See the table below and our user manuals for specifics as to whether your device is swimproof or splashproof.

Keep in mind that not all of our accessory bands should get wet, like those made of leather, metal, and woven materials. For more information about wearing your Fitbit device, see our Wear and Care page. You can also check the article: Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device?. Now, if after swimming you see that your devices aren't working properly, the best way to get help for this is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a good day!

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer