Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa waterproof?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have seen other topics, however, they are more talking about the Ionic. I'd like to see if anyone has actually gone swimming or showered (doubt the latter) with the Versa on and how did it fair?

I can see with the Ionic the states aren't super accurate however I am not too worried about the stats. I am more wondering about the device itself. Any issues or complications with it post swim or during the swim. I have only had mine a couple of days and have yet to get the guts to sink it.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Back on the bandwagon; Versa, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for your participation in the Forums and for all the inquiries about the water resistant devices. As all of you already know, most Fitbit devices are water-resistant to 50 meters. They're designed to be swimproof and stand up to even the sweatiest of workouts. See the table below and our user manuals for specifics as to whether your device is swimproof or splashproof.

Keep in mind that not all of our accessory bands should get wet, like those made of leather, metal, and woven materials. For more information about wearing your Fitbit device, see our Wear and Care page. You can also check the article: Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device?. Now, if after swimming you see that your devices aren't working properly, the best way to get help for this is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a good day!

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
504 REPLIES 504

It's great to see you here @faerieflyinfree.

Regarding your inquiry, as you can see in the attachment, Fitbit Versa is water resistant up to 50 meters, it isn't waterproof.

Versa specs.PNG

To avoid any damage, please dry it after swimming or performing any water activity. Also, check our wear and care tips. For more information about this you can take a look at this article: Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device? 

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Your answer contradicts most other answers. If it's water resistant up to 50 meters I don't see why somebody cant bathe in it 50 meters is almost a hundred and fifty feet and standard swimming pool is only 8 to 10 feet deep so why would you not want to go swimming? 

Best Answer

@momnbaby wrote:

Your answer contradicts most other answers. If it's water resistant up to 50 meters I don't see why somebody cant bathe in it 50 meters is almost a hundred and fifty feet and standard swimming pool is only 8 to 10 feet deep so why would you not want to go swimming? 

...... and why would swimming be an exercise available on the watch.. and why would there be apps specific to swimming..... sounds like fitbit needs to get it together and get some consensus on the subject.

Best Answer

I have showered wearing my Versa for the past week, and gone swimming with it at least 4 times. No issue. It tracked swim e

Best Answer

Thank you for a real answer !

Best Answer

Absolutely! I have showered with it and swam on my vacation! Absolutely no. Issues!!! 

Best Answer

Hey all, hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate the feedback provided about swimming and showering with your Versa. If you do this, just make sure to follow the tips provide in my previous post.

Happy stepping. Robot Happy

Best Answer

Hey all, hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate the feedback provided about swimming and showering with your Versa. If you do this, just make sure to follow the tips provide in my previous post.

Happy stepping. Robot Happy

Best Answer

Took a shower today with my week old Versa. During the shower the Versa rebooted, went back to the main watch face, then slowly died. After my shower I tried to restart ... nothing. It had a full charge before getting into the shower, but I put it back on the charger ... nothing. Watch is shot. If anyone just got this new Versa, put it in water to test it. You might've gotten a bad watch too. I'm sending mine back for another.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Sony Xperia XZ2
Best Answer

It's great to see you around @MrMold666.

As you might know, Fitbit Versa isn't a waterproof watch, it is water resistant. For more information about this, you can check the Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device? article.

Since you already showered with it, I recommend placing the watch in a bowl of rice for 24-48 hours and then restart it.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

That seems to contradict what the support pages say about the Versa?

"Fitbit Flex 2, Fitbit Ionic, and Fitbit Versa are water-resistant up to 50 meters. Don't swim or shower with your Fitbit device unless it is noted as water-resistant up to 50 meters."

"Even though Fitbit Flex 2, Ionic and Versa are water resistant up to 50 meters, it’s important to thoroughly dry your elastomer band and tracker and remove any debris from your device after wear in the water to avoid skin irritation. Please note that non-elastomer accessories should not be worn in water."

Therefore, based on the above, shouldn't the Versa be fine to wear in the shower without problems?

Versa SE Lavender | 2018 is the year!
Best Answer

I would like to see the answer to this too...I purchased the Vesra as it states water resistant upto 50 meters? It also suggests to track swimming in the exercise tracker... are Fitbit now saying it shouldn't be used in water?

Best Answer

I know that the Versa isn't water proof, but I'm pretty sure that my shower isn't putting out the same pressure as swimming 50 meters under the water. If a shower is going to kill the watch, then swim tracking needs to be removed, along with the label that states "water resistant to 50 meters". I'm hoping that this was just a bad watch. I, however, will be water testing my new versa. If this one dies too, I'll be going to a different watch. Water resistants was what finally sold me on the Fitbit.

Sony Xperia XZ2
Best Answer

I really think (hope?) the moderator is mistaken. Many of us chose this watch because of its water resistance. If it can't even handle a shower without needing to be sat in rice, there are going to be some unhappy people... 

Versa SE Lavender | 2018 is the year!
Best Answer

I will be returning my Versa if I cannot swim in it! This is the reason I bought it! I will test mine in the water. I agree a shower would not be the same as 50m deep water!! Lets see what swimming brings this evening

Best Answer

I think @AlejandraFitbit was mistaken in what she said (probably thinking of the wrong tracker lol). I have an Ionic (also water resistant to 50m) and I shower wearing it daily and swim twice a week and have been doing that for months. I suggest you contact Support (link in my signature ) as it should NOT malfunction like that after a shower. I would assume there is a problem with your Versa's waterproofing.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Keep us updated on your second Versa. I'm going to shower with it tonight and see what happens now after reading about their Versa's malfunctioning in water. It is supposed to survive swimming!

Pixel 1, Android 9.0 | Versa
Best Answer

@S_Nash

Did you try swimming and see what happened? I am at work but will shower with it tonight to see if it works. The reason why I bought the Versa was because of the water resistance feature...

Pixel 1, Android 9.0 | Versa
Best Answer

I was in the pool most of last Saturday with my Versa on and it was perfectly fine.   I don't shower with it on though.  That's charging time.  

Best Answer