Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the new SpO2 clock face battery friendly?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was just wondering whether the new signature clock causes any additional strain on the battery life for anyone. Since switching, I seem to have lost an entire day of battery life. Rather than charging every 4 days, I now seem to be reduced to 3. I can’t think of anything I’m doing different except for the new clock face.

Thanks 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It does seem to have some impact. Fitbit say:

"you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when using the SpO2 Signature clock face."

Taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2459.htm

I have not seen the impact quantified anywhere though.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

It does seem to have some impact. Fitbit say:

"you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when using the SpO2 Signature clock face."

Taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2459.htm

I have not seen the impact quantified anywhere though.

Best Answer

@SteveH Cheers pal, looks like I’ll be reverting back to my old clock face then 🙂

Best Answer

It completely drained my battery last night 

Best Answer

@Unicornpff I reverted back to my old clock face and my battery has gone back to its usual consumption. The SpO2 signature clock is nice but I personally don’t think it’s worth the additional battery use. Don’t forget your device’s battery will slowly degrade over time so the additional strain can’t be doing it any good. That’s my two cents anyway.

Best Answer

Hi,

How can I remove or uninstall Spo2 feature from my versa to save battery?

Thanks,

Bishwo

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bishwo just change your clockface to something other than the SPO2 clock

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I did but still battery drains out in 1 day.

Thanks,
Bishwo
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I did but still drains out in 1 day.

Thanks,

Bishwo

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  The SPO2 clock face cut my battery life from six days down to three days.  The SPO2 measurements are made ONLY when you have been asleep more than three hours and the score is calculated within an hour of waking up.  

As an experiment, I will try installing the SPO2 clock face at bedtime and removing it as soon as my nightly score is calculated.  My HOPE is to get my battery life back to at least five days per charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just reading what owners report, it seems it is typical to have your battery life cut in half using the SPO2 clock face.  My battery life dropped from six days to three days.  I plan to experiment with installing the SPO2 clock face at bedtime and removing it in the morning.

Using it every other night will be sufficient to track health trends. As long as I am in the 93 to 98 range, I am happy.  If I ever drop to 85 or lower...call the doctor.

My guess is that Fitbit is working on more energy efficient SPO2 clock faces and that better clock faces will be available in the next three or four months...knock on wood.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed it, but still same problem with the battery. Any solution you suggest?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using the Sundial clock face I used to get 5 days battery life, or perhaps a little less.  Using the SpO2 Signature clock face I seem to get 4 days life.  Which is fine.  Then using Signature overnight and the Sundial during the day I also get 4 days.  Various other clock faces give a poorer result, e.g. Signature at night and the Business clock face during the day only gave 3, maybe 3.5 days.  Having said that though, it is difficult to do definitive tests.  For example, I have had the Signature clock face on for the past 24 hours and it has only used 19%, which suggests upwards of 5 days. This is on a 4 months old Versa 2, not using any form of always on clock face.

Best Answer

Any idea how to get back my battery charge stay longer? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've lost a days' battery life from 4 to 3 on using the SpO2 Clock face. I don't think that is unexpected and I do like the clock face. I will however revert to another clock face and assess whether there is indeed a difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Change the clock face. You can retain the SpO2 clock face in your list of 5 clock faces for future use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has guidelines of how to conserve battery life somewhere  - maybe this forum too. If the battery drains and your watch is still under warranty, you should contact them fro a replacement.

Best Answer

My battery has definitely sustained permanent damage since I started using this SP clock face. I went from chg every 3+ days after 2-3 years to every day or 2. I have now changed it back. However the damage is done. I found this battery anomaly info by chance but wish if found it sooner. Fitbit have a responsibility to WARN people of this problem for which is essentially a useless feature to the vast majority of people. I have just saved myself buying another Fitbit sooner than I wanted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes