Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update- now it doesn’t work!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can see a lot of us are having the same problem! With the latest update, my Versa 2 Fitbit only shows the Fitbit logo on the face. I have been a LOYAL customer since 2015 and this has never happened. Something is wrong on your end because a lot of us are having the same problem. I have followed all the steps they want us to do and still nothing. Please help! I love my Fitbit and feel lost with out it! Thank you!

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Mine just shows a screen that says shortcut now. My clock does not show up. My phone is still tracking, but I can’t see any stats on my fitbit

Best Answer

My sleep, stress mgmt, health metrics and readiness are not working since update. Have been on help chat 3 times, no solution. 

Best Answer

I can't get mine to connect to Bluetooth for very long. It won't track anything either.  Waste of money.  I knew when buying this I shouldn't have gotten this brand.  

Other brands I have never had issues with.  This has been a nightmare since day 1.  

Best Answer

Mine has a flashing logo following an update. It’s as good as dead as it’s been over a week now. It just flashes until the batteries dies, I recharge and it just continues with the same thing.

Best Answer

Same problem here. I contacted support yesterday and they offered a 35% discount in their store, but no replacement as its out of warranty. I have declined this offer and have asked for an escalation. They should either rollback the update or offer full replacements IMO.

If they won't then I'll just move to another brand as this isn't really acceptable.

Best Answer

So glad I found this forum but also not happy 

I am holidays and yesterday my versa started acting weird, kept going from clock to “add phone for music” charged last night as it went dead and now today it’s gone back to set up and won’t link to phone.

I have tried reinstalling and nothing

Never had any problems till now 

Sorry everyone is having these issues but as I said glad it wasn’t just me

now for answers?? 

Best Answer

Since the update mine fitbit isn't resetting daily step total. I'm getting cumulative totals instead. I don't walk 50,000+ steps in one day!

Best Answer

Mine doesn’t work at all; was driving then it buzzed the clock face blurred then it went dark. I had just taken it off charge the day before snd still had 80% battery. 

Best Answer

Om experiencing Bluetooth connection problems. So farther fitbit works buy can not connect to my Phone. Basically just an old-fashioned watch that dies quickly 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now mine won't even charge since the apple update 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  Done with this shady company 

Best Answer

I received a further response from Fitbit re my similar issues -

"We would like to mention that we highly appreciate your comments and feedback towards our products and services. It helps us grow as a company and towards you.

Furthermore, we offer you an apology for any concern this situation may be causing you. We wish there was something that we could offer you, but we are at the limit of what our policies allow."

Which I read as, sorry but we don't really give a sh1t, our sales growth is dependent on deliberately breaking older models to force you to buy our latest model.

Best Answer

I did the firmware update and now my heart rate and sleep do not work. My lights on the back quit with the update

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Versa 2 and didn't do the update. I never trust updates unless I've got a specific problem, but I feel for you all and FitBit owes all owners., The Versa 2 isn't an old device and has great features and this 'update' should be rolled back and re-written. I have no idea which bugs it was trying to squish, but Fitbit needs to offer a real "out" for their customers. I used to have lots of run-ins with Fitbit customer support prior to Google and they were great and never failed to either help or give me another fitbit. 

Fitbit: This is **crappy** behavior and below you (well, the survivors of the Google buyout anyway). Fix your **stuff**.

Best Answer
To be honest, everyone breaks or no longer fixes older equipment in order
to sell newer devices. However I do not think your team fixed the "bugs"
accurately and may have caused more problems. Just get diagnostians on the
problem, fix it and get the update out asap.

Mr James Massey
Best Answer

Remember Timex watches?  They took a licking and kept on ticking lol. 

Sad that today there is no pride in anything made.  Purposely breaking something should be considered destruction of property. The price we pay for it, it would be a felony 

My watch was working fine until it showed on my watch I had to do a firmware update.  

For those of us making minimum wage it is hard to buy a expensive watch like this every few years.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup

Mr James Massey
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Since the update I have lost sleep and heart rate tracker! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spot on @JLMassey The regression testing that should be done prior to a firmware release either is not being done, being done poorly, or being done but results are being ignored. When a device has been broken by an update it should be sent back to Fitbit so the developers can figure out what was broken and fix it before the next firmware is released. The alpha/beta release cycle works well, if it is followed by the company and initial findings are acted upon.

Unfortunately I do not believe Fitbit uses alpha/beta friendly testing, so the real testing is done once updates are released. Not user friendly at all.

The biggest issue is communication. We have no idea what is in a new watch firmware release, some idea what is in a phone app update, no information on what phone app is required for what watch release, basically no information at all to make a rational decision. I learned long ago to not update watch firmware or phone app unless there is a new feature I want or major bug fix. I would rather that firmware updates are not made available on older products than have releases come out that break existing functionality. 

To willy-nilly force customers to update with no explanation is poor form. For that update to break things with no acceptance of culpability on Fitbit’s part is even worse. One cannot blame that on the Google acquisition as it has always been that way, but it is so unnecessary in todays technology  environment.

Best Answer
0 Votes