Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock mode during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I play ice hockey and when wearing the Blaze in workout mode, my glove would hit the screen and pause the workout - not ideal. I don't want to have to keep checking to make sure it's on all the time. 

I want to get the Versa, but I feel like the same thing will happen with this device. 

After speaking to someone who has an Apple watch, they have a setting called lock mode that disables the touch screen until you twist the knob a few times. 

I really want to upgrade my Fitbit, but this is a huge blocker for me. I hope someone from Fitbit sees this can can be added to a future firmware update. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

@iamprad Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thank you for your interest in the Fitbit Versa. Some other users have requested to add an option to lock the Fitbit Tracker during an exercise. I noticed that you have joined the request called Lock Screen/buttons during Exercise. The Feature Suggestions board is constantly monitored by the engineering team. If any update is available it will be communicated as soon as possible.

Hope to see you around more often.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I have the same problem, same sport.  I've also heard of boxers having issues.  Please fix asap

Best Answer

i kickbox and have this problem... i look forward to them adding this feature too

Right now... i found that I take quick view so that the boxing doesnt activate the screen. i also have to be very meticulous with how i wrap my hands too so that the side buttons dont hit the wraps but fall under them. It's not a fool-proof fix, but it does help. 

Best Answer

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating to be honest.  With the start/pause and finish buttons being located on the lower and upper right side respectively, and on my non dominant wrist (left), it often gets bumped with my hockey gloves on even with the simple flick of the wrist when passing the puck.  It is too fast paced of a game for me to constantly be checking to see if it's tracking or not.  Additionally, hockey tends to be my most intense workout and the one I'd like to track the most.  Not having the opportunity to do that at this time is a bit of a hindrance on my fitness monitoring.  Hopefully some type of firmware fix is coming soon.  I would suggest something with a 4 digit numerical code or along those lines, but I'm not a developer.  I just hope they're working on it asap.  I play a lot of hockey and for 200 dollars this product shouldn't have problems like this.  I will be returning mine and subsequently abandoning fitbit if they don't have this fixed within a reasonable time.

Best Answer

@Jamaicangirl81 @HunterDaniels Thanks for visiting the Community.

At the moment, there is no information to share with you but hopefully we get great news soon. Your feedback is very appreciated.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can purchase a TPU case for the Versa on amazon. This not only protects the watch, but it makes accidental button presses much less likely.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice, thankfully I am seeing that they are affordable.  Still, I don't think I should spend any more money at this time.  I have already spent 200 dollars on a device that has multiple problems and inaccuracies with its GPS tracker, step counter, and calorie counter.  I understand it's a new device, but I hope they have a firmware update that fixes many of these issues soon.

Best Answer

@WavyDavey wrote:

You can purchase a TPU case for the Versa on amazon. This not only protects the watch, but it makes accidental button presses much less likely.

oh yea? hmm... never thought about that... i'll look into it. Thanks

PS... do you have one on yours? do you have to take the bands off to put it on? i cant imagine i'd keep the tpu on if i'm not kickboxing.. i love the look of it s it is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I do my kickboxing circuit workouts, I pop the straps off & tuck it into my bra. I’d started doing this with my Blaze as the metal band I had it in didn’t fit under my wraps and have started doing it with my Versa. I’ve never had issues with the screen or buttons getting pushed and it seems to track pretty good. At least the heart rate tracking matches the chest monitor I also wear.

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my blaze during kickboxing.  My gloves will turn it off and on.  I've taken to wrapping over the screen and it does help some...but not all the time.  I want to upgrade as well but afraid of the same issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my blaze for over a year now and made this complaint then (in this forum along with several other people).  So it seems no one is really listening if it's been a year and they still haven't done anything. This does not make me want to spend my money on a product that wont work for me and a company that doesn't care.

Best Answer

If I would have known this was going to be an issue, I probably wouldn’t have purchased this Fitbit. Tracking my activity is the number one reason I wear it, after all it is a ‘fitbit’ so you would think this wouldn’t have ever been a problem. Even if I had to lock and unlock it through my app I wouldn’t mind. 

Best Answer

Yes, workout gets paused, very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use my Fitbit for exercise tracking mostly.  I used to have a charge 2 and now have the versa.  I play hockey and the versa does not have a lock option while in exercise mode.  Extremely disappointing considering all the other product options out there and the fact that Fitbits platform is based on exercise.  I can’t track my exercise because I cannot lock the screen and my glove ends up pausing or turning off exercise mode all together.  I assume this would be a simple fix and I hope Fitbit can fix ASAP

Best Answer

I do boxing and not being able to lock the screen of my versa is very irritating! I always have to unpause my workout after my gloves press the pause button.

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue. Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue here. THIS is frustrating. I lift weights a few times a week and this is not ideal. very DISAPPOINTING from fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's in fact annoying on the Versa, since the pause button is active during any workout, even when the screen is off, so I find my excercise logs quite often reduced on all kinds of activities.

Never had this issue on the Blaze though,... I wear my watch on left hand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have Amazon link?  When I do a search, all the TPU cases that comes up have the button cutouts.  I couldn't find the case that covers the buttons.  

Best Answer