Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock mode during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I play ice hockey and when wearing the Blaze in workout mode, my glove would hit the screen and pause the workout - not ideal. I don't want to have to keep checking to make sure it's on all the time. 

I want to get the Versa, but I feel like the same thing will happen with this device. 

After speaking to someone who has an Apple watch, they have a setting called lock mode that disables the touch screen until you twist the knob a few times. 

I really want to upgrade my Fitbit, but this is a huge blocker for me. I hope someone from Fitbit sees this can can be added to a future firmware update. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

No updates yet on anything they will change or maybe Versa is not a good seller. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I play ice hockey as well and this is SO FRUSTRATING! My workout data for a single hockey game is filled with countless 0-5 minutes of exercise. It's the touch screen that does it. My jersey will brush up against it and stop the exercise, swipe screens, start stretching exercises... total fail. Locking the touch screen, but allowing the physical buttons would even be an improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fyi, i confirmed with them that this issue is not addressed in the new versa 2.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Ironpossum @Zamboni2354.

@Ironpossum I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your feedback regarding the lock screen option during the exercise. I understand that this can be very frustrating. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I was making some research on the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find this suggestion. You can comment and vote to show your support. I am glad to inform that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. 

@Zamboni2354 thank you for your input. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doing push ups at the gym and playing hockey during workout mode continues to get paused.  Both hitting the button or my glove keeps pushing the pause on the screen.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the club. Fitbit is just not as good anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah unfortunately Fitbit simply doesn't care about this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, so are they going to put a lock on the Fitbit? It's doing my head in keeps pausing and when It rains as well. I'm really contemplating to go to a Garmin next. I've had Fitbit for about 6 years. But my old Altra fitbit never had this problem. Now I have the versa and it's terrible!!! I love it but it needs a lock screen badly! 

Best Answer

So frustrating I no longer use fitbit, I switched to the Samsung watch active and have the same issue, considering switching to the Apple watch now. I know Apple watches lock.

Best Answer

Fitbit really don't care about this. You'd think it'd be easy to do. Wish I'd bought something else. When it F*c*s up next time (on my third one) I'll get something that works for the uses that have kept the business going!

This sort of easy fix that ksn't done really makes me mad!

Can you tell?!!!

Best Answer

Guess I could put it in my jock but that's getting weird. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find this incredibly hard to believe. Hundreds of people asking n got this feature and still nothing done. My blaze is broken and I do not want to buy another fitbit if none of your products done offer an option to lock the screen. My stops when I box or swim or even if I wear a long sleeve top! So disappointing. So am I right none of your watches offer this? 

Best Answer

glad you said about the rain - it seems to do it for me (cycling), way more in wet weather, even though it's protected from the actual rain! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep. I'm probably too late into the convo but just started back getting right into my exercise after various lockdowns and restrictions. Using my original versa for Metafit classes and various similar and the pausing thing is a complete pain.  Another oversight by fitbit here and you would think testing these things would quickly identify a problem like it took me the two minutes it took me into my first class. I noticed lots of complaints about lack of GPS on the original versa which fitbit sorted, here's hoping they have resolved on newer versions (I've not checked).

Best Answer
0 Votes