Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa 2 has died

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the middle of updating to new firmware yesterday my Versa 2 died, it was charged and plugged in whilst updating and it seemed to be progressing well but just froze and the screen went blank.   Gutted as its only 16 months old.  Anyone else experience this.  My previous Versa 1 died after 6 months but I thought with my replacement Versa 2 Fitbit had improved the quality.  Seems not 😞

Moderator edit: format

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Three days after the update bricked by versa 2, the screen spontaneously changed from the logo to a red X. 

FC2247C7-F33B-49DD-8CD6-D72557407258.jpeg

After restarting everything at least twice, it's working again. Good thing I didn't take them up on the 35% discount. Still getting an Apple Watch next. 

Best Answer

Mine is stuck on "Reset failed! your data was not cleared.Please try again" Called Customer Support , but they could not help me clear it, anything they suggested failed working...My watch is 1.5 yrs old, 6 mths out of warranty and they offered me 35% off reg. price to buy a new one.....seriously???? After 18 mths that's it??? Did not have time to write a review yet, but it"s coming ....and it is not gonna be positiv....

Have u still got warranty on it? If no what is the number you called?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I spoke to fitbit using the live chat facility.  Not sure what the warranty period is, maybe it is 2 years in NZ?

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know. Why take the risk when they can’t help. My husband is getting an Apple Watch so I might just use his versa 3 but I’ll never put money into a company that can’t help out after such a mishap which isn’t our fault.

Live chat, they wouldn’t call me or give me the number.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mculp2017  Live chat is not a number, it's chatting via text

Screenshot_20210727-075546_Chrome.jpg

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol I know that. When I clicked call not the first time they would connect, I finally got through but they syllabus won’t offer more than 35% off but that’s ok. I have ordered the searies 4 and 6 Apple watches for my husband and I to try and I’ll have my husband’s versa 3 until it dies too but I will never buy from them again. Darn they could have offered me a refurbished versa 2 and I would have been satisfied but I’m not paying because they’re faulty U P D A T E  K I L L E D mine. thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing, slightly different with half the logo on the screen after freezing, then after troubleshooting and trying the reset process it went black to no return. I wondered if it was my charger so bought another one and the fitbit won't take a charge at all...

Did you ever find a fix?

Best Answer
No I didn’t, in fact Fitbit removed a comment I made about switching to another product. They did offer a discount for a product of theirs but I don’t want it. I’m unsatisfied with their service.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm dealing with a similar situation now 🙃 my V2 randomly stopped working and would only show their logo on the screen or "sleep". I had fully charged it the day prior so I know it had at least 70% battery. I tried all the steps I found to fix it, reached out to Fitbit and their customer service chat couldn't help so they had their warranty department reach out.

My previous V2 stopped working about 1.5 years into having it. It started with the mic going out, then the sensor stopped working and the entire device wouldnt even turn on. They sent me a replacement around March-April this year so my current malfunctioning device is maybe 7 months old? They told me they would only give me a 25% off and not replace it because they base their warranty on when the ORIGINAL device was purchased..... How does that even make sense??? I was able to get it to turn on once it had completely died and I charged it again, but that only lasted a whopping 14 hours before it completely died. When it would turn on, the screen wouldn't respond to my touch so it would show the clock face, but it was unable to do anything else. Now it's completely dead again, regardless of being on a charger and trying to restart it. 

Needless to say, I'm definitely looking into other options. This is ridiculous. To drop as much money as they charge, we should be able to expect longevity and reliability out of their products, not this bs...

Best Answer
Yep…. dumped all my Fitbit stuff from the past 3 to 4 years (Went from one to the next..).

I had left it sitting on charge and it started showing some life…. it breathed life for a day or so, then no more as it was falling into the trash! My thoughts…. Fitbit is slowly pulling a knife across it’s neck as they turn their backs on dedicated users, thereby, chasing away customers. Presently, there is too much competition to mess with their dedicated customers.

I have now gone over to APPLE!! Yep, iWatch 7!! Almost went with Garmen. (Our son has one and is very happy with it.)

Good luck, but…. I believe you will find (As I did…) that Fitbit killed your watch thru their software upgrade, so you will have to buy a new one. My suggestion…. DO IT…. buy a new watch…. just NOT a Fitbit!!!

B

Sent from O’Bobby's🤤 iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, your experience is all too common. My replacement Versa 2 is 4 weeks out of warranty and the only resolution I am offered is a 35% discount on a new product. Why would I want a new product when I have two failed products? It's insulting. Garbage product & garbage support/service. 

Best Answer

My scenario was exactly the same with my Versa2. The lower end fitbits are fine. The higher end fitbits are trash. I've had two Fitbit versas . I spell it with a lowercase V because it's not worthy of having a capital V. My first versa bricked after a software update. So I figured let me buy another one because they offered it to me at a discount. This is the equivalent of being catfished. They say you're getting an improved product. You're not. Go with Garmin or an Apple watch. Stay away from Fitbit Versa. My confirmation came when I received my Versa 2 right after the warranty it died while swimming. Complete trash. It would not charge. After a light submersion in the water!? Complete trash

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner  if you look through the thread you'll find that I got great service from Fitbit and they replaced my Versa 2 and since then it has worked perfectly and updated correctly ever since, no issues whatsoever.  It regularly gets dunked in water and I've worn it swimming with no issues.  It's well out of warranty now counting the period I had the pre-replacement watch but I'm still really happy with it.  The battery life remains excellent, still lasting around 5 or 6 days before I need to charge.  When it gives up the ghost I intend upgrading to the Fitbit Sense.  Sorry your experience hasn't been as good.  Apple watches are very expensive and also require an apple Iphone which would put me off.  I don't think the Garmin battery life would be as good as Fitbit and they look very bulky but good luck researching your replacement.

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer

My experience last year was pretty bad but I did ultimately get a resolution to the phantom steps issue I was having. Since then, the Versa 2 has worked solidly and I'm a real fan of the Premier service. I'm watching what happens with the full integration into Google. My hope is that they can get the pixel watch to be as great as the apple watch. 

Best Answer