Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa 2 has died

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the middle of updating to new firmware yesterday my Versa 2 died, it was charged and plugged in whilst updating and it seemed to be progressing well but just froze and the screen went blank.   Gutted as its only 16 months old.  Anyone else experience this.  My previous Versa 1 died after 6 months but I thought with my replacement Versa 2 Fitbit had improved the quality.  Seems not 😞

Moderator edit: format

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner  if you look through the thread you'll find that I got great service from Fitbit and they replaced my Versa 2 and since then it has worked perfectly and updated correctly ever since, no issues whatsoever.  It regularly gets dunked in water and I've worn it swimming with no issues.  It's well out of warranty now counting the period I had the pre-replacement watch but I'm still really happy with it.  The battery life remains excellent, still lasting around 5 or 6 days before I need to charge.  When it gives up the ghost I intend upgrading to the Fitbit Sense.  Sorry your experience hasn't been as good.  Apple watches are very expensive and also require an apple Iphone which would put me off.  I don't think the Garmin battery life would be as good as Fitbit and they look very bulky but good luck researching your replacement.

Versa 2, Charge 2

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hi, thank you for sharing that you've been having trouble with  your Versa 2 watch, @ChchChris.

Before considering other options, make sure that you've tried the restart procedure described here, as this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar.  

In case this is related to the battery that is no longer charging,  make sure that you've also followed the steps provided in this article

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, tried all these options.  The battery was in good condition as I was only having to charge once every 5 days or so.  It just stopped working during the installation of an  update.  Previous updates were trouble free.  

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer

I had the same thing happen and still haven’t been able to get it working. Any luck?

Best Answer

No, still dead as a dodo unfortunately

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer

This happened to me also, try this

F56A455A-978B-49FF-B9C3-096A87F655F4.jpeg

 mainly number 4 you could try

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa 2 only has 1 button and I've tried pressing that for varying lengths of time.  A factory reset might have done it but the watch has to be on to access that 🤔

----------------------------------------------

I haven't asked, so disillusioned with fitbit.

----------------------------------------------

Hi Davide, just wondering if there are any tricks to get the versa 2 to perform a factory reset when you can't do it via the watch software.  When my fitbit died it had finished downloading the update and was partway through the installation of the firmware update when it failed.  I feel this is the reason it won't switch back on.  I feel as though a factory reset would help me restore life to the fitbit but because the factory reset option is buried in the watch software I can't perform the reset.  I do love my versa 2 and don't want to give up on it if there is any way it can be resuscitated.  Is there any other way to do the reset?

Moderator edit: format

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit via live chat and they are sending me a replacement.  Very good customer service!

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer

I did a factory reset on mine after all else failed and that also failed. Left with the logo and it telling me to download the app(which I've done) and it not syncing to my phone anymore after the update. This update has caused a mess!

Best Answer

It's different to my experience as my watch totally shut down and won't restart.  It's worth contacting fitbit and see if they can help.

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the new users in the Community forums and for all your replies, @nMongoose @Megan_the @ZQZ5ZD @FXB37 @EGWMeijer @ChchChris

Thank you for sharing all this information and what you've been experiencing with your Versa 2 watches. 

In this case, since you already tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier and you continue to experience the same problem with the display that is not responding, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call (if you haven't done so already). Click here to get connected. 

@ChchChris Thank you for your reply and for confirming that you were able to get in touch with the Customer Support team and that you'll be receiving a replacement soon. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has died too - 8 weeks outside of the warranty date. I've done everything suggested on the forum and on Fitbit chat and nothing. I did ask whether the update could have caused this, but was told they had been told nothing about a problem with the update.

I know things don't work forever, but I won't be taking up the courtesy '35% discount'. My husband has had his el cheapo fitness tracker for several years, it's accurate (tested alongside my Fitbit) and a quarter of the price. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @diveangel73

Thank you for confirming that you already contacted the Customer Support team  for further assistance with this inconvenience with your Versa 2 watch. 

It is particularly difficult when the device is no longer covered by the warranty, but even tough Support is eager to help with any problem you may experience with the product, they do need to adhere to the official warranty policy, this would start counting from the original date of purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the quality; comments from users are always useful to continue to improving the quality of products and services. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fact that Fitbit will put out an update that kills fully functional, but out of warranty, devices makes me question their ethics. Their solution is for us to buy another product, so they can do this to us again - once they are out of warranty. 

Best Answer

NAILED IT!!!!!  👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me too. It was about 1.5 years old. 

Best Answer

Mine did that today and they basically said it’s not their problem. Very disappointed 

Were you still under warranty because I’m not so it’s frustrating to be offered a discount after their software bricked it. I didn’t break it, battery life was still showing up medium and last sync shows 70%, so a 35% discount is a slap in the face especially since this isn’t the first time an update messed up one of my fitbits. I had the first versa too and after an update it wiped out my notifications. After 2 mouths of no luck with them I found a fix somewhere else online and I’d only had it 6 months. They refused to fix it or replace it because it still turned on.  

It’s sad that with so many of us they still only offer a discount. Makes me want to cry I like my Fitbit. Customer service needs some work though. I’ve been fighting going over to apple because of their glass screens and I like how simple the Fitbit is, battery life and all but I guess it’s worth a try at least they own up and help. Had various iPhones since at least 2010 and only time they failed me, I’d caused the issue. 

Exactly how I feel. It feels intentional when they say they can’t be held responsible for how our device handles the update. Not in those exact words but I’d wished I had screen shot before getting mad and ending the chat. But I’m positive it’s a response they copy and paste. 

It’s sad knowing I’m not only one makes me fill better. I really liked the darn thing too. 

Best Answer

Totally agree. Will never buy another fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi Mculp2017, not sure about being in warranty, my v2 was about 16/17 months old.  I live in New Zealand so perhaps we have a 2 year warranty?  This was the first time I'd had hit problems with updates and I went on live chat to ask if there's another way of doing a factory reset without needing the watch to be on, as the screen was black and unresponsive.  I explained it died during the installation phase of the update. They asked me to check if the lights were flashing on the back or if the watch vibrated when I pressed the button.  After confirming no lights/vibrations I was put on hold for perhaps a minute before being told they'd send me a replacement.  I am very happy with the help I received, friendly helper on the chat, quick and professional.

Versa 2, Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I chatted with customer service who asked me the date and retailer I purchased my Versa 2. I was told that the warranty department would contact me and we’d get something worked out. Basically I bought mine 14 months ago and I’ve heard nothing from the warranty department. Leaving me hanging and without a tracker. 

The only solution that works for me is replacing my Versa 2 with another Versa 2 or newer model. I don’t want a discount and if Fitbit is unwilling to help I’ll give my money to Apple or or Garmin. 

Best Answer