Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa is tracking my heart rate too high during sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got a new Versa for the smartwatch option instead of the expensive iPhone watch. While reviewing my sleeping HRs I noticed I was (two nights only) peaking my HR between 130-145ish. My regular avg rHR is around 59-61 so this makes me wary of this accuracy. I know during REM your HR can get elevated but not for hours??? Is anyone else seeing this spike 

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

@SunsetRunner  your post is a little confusing as you reference to the observation as both a "spike" and something that was "elevated for hours" (which isn't a spike!). Maybe you can be a bit more clearer exactly what you mean?  I presume you are talking about/looking at the detailed HR graph that shows the HR profile continuously during each day?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes-My HR spiked for hours during the night. I am not sure if it was a
glitch or not but I haven't seen this since.
MKL
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   you mean a long period of 'spikes' that interrupt what seems a normal night-time heart rate profile? And not a continous highly elevated hearrate? Just to get it clarified 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you set the Sleep in the settings: normal or sensitive. The last one can give the problem you mentioned. If you have set it to sensitive, change it into normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I will change it.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner

>> How did you set the Sleep in the settings: normal or sensitive. The last one can give the problem you mentioned. If you have set it to sensitive, change it into normal.

No that has nothing to do with heart-rate, but detection of the sleep-stage, which is something different all together. It says on fitbit.com "This setting controls how sensitive sleep detection is to your movements."   

@SunsetRunner  I have noticed the same, and I am wearing now a Versa and a Charge 2 (one on left wrist, the other on right wrist), and will compare, just haven't got round to make the comparison images.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not convinced that you are right on this issue. Whenever sleep is set to sensitive, it's indeed reacting on sudden movements or restlesness, but these events have their effects on the HR of course. I know how sleep can be influenced by these actions from my experience as an ICU physician. I did see many times, and as you know on an ICU HR is monitored continuously, that these above mentioned events can have a great impact on the HR. If it reacts the way the OP described, I really do not know, but I am certain that it has influence on the HR counting.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me know if this solves your problems. See my post after yours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner, I believe @lenny4d is right. We are talking sleep recognition algorithm here and not human physiology. Changing sleep setting to Sensitive will mark any awake "events" as blocks of time awake. What I mean by that is that instead of continuous sleep, you will get multiple segments. I do not recommend changing this setting especially if you're a light sleeper. @SunsetRunner, can you please post screenshots of the HR recordings (from the Fitbit mobile app) for the problematic nights? I would like to see if it was a fluke, a glitch in reading or if indeed there's an HR monitoring issue. It would be good if you could include a screenshot of HR for the night that you did not observe any elevated readings, just for comparison. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I'm afraid the pics didn't go through. Perhaps you could try again using browser? Thx!

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes