Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Versa 2 and Customer Service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tried everything.  Put on charger and still blank.  Held in left button still nothing.  My original Versa died the same way.  Fitbit you can do so much better.  There was an update and could not do it because Fitbit Versa 2 screen is black and won’t turn on.  Thinking about purchasing an Apple watch instead of purchasing another Fitbit.

Update: Versa 2 black screen.  Just died.  Charge it did not work.  Held button to rest it Fitbit logo never came up.  Did everything to try and rectify it and nothing. Disappointed with Fitbit.google with versa 2.  Stopped working yesterday contact Fitbit support today. Could not help me and offered discount on a new one.  Noticed in community others having issues as well.  Why is it that these products died after a couple of years? Not sure if I want to purchase another one for the same reason.  Noticed too that versa 3 is discontinued.  Fitbit/google you can do better than this!!!! You don’t want to admit there is an issue and make faulty products.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, @Steel43. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Since your device was out of the warranty period, and therefore was not eligible for repair or replacement, we wanted to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty or please feel free to contact our team back so they can clarify any doubt. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, and ironically, Fitbit seem not to understand the concept of "fit for purpose". An expensive watch should last longer than a year (or two years in the EU). Mid quality phones last five years or more these days. But what is perhaps saddest is that many many people seem to have issues with the Versa 2 at around the three year mark. Whether it's just a coincidence, limited hardware design life (surely not!), a faulty firmware update, or lots of plain old fashioned bad luck, that's not a good indication of fitbit's reliability as a manufacturer at the time the Versa 2 was designed and manufactured.

Best Answer

So true.  My versa did the same thing.

Best Answer

Yes, same story for me as well.  I told them after 3 fitbits, each one useless before three years, why on earth would I ever buy another fitbit product????  Why on earth did I even bother to buy a second or a third.  

Very disappointed.  

Everyone with a similar story should post here.  Then we should get together and challenge the company to do better by it's customers.  

Best Answer

I just wished it could have been fixed.  No green light flashing on back of Fitbit versa 2.  Red exclamation mark and a drained battery showing.  No matter how long I charged it the screen never came back on.  Also purchased another charger still did not work. Tried all the suggestions and figured it died.  Purchased another one and if the same thing happens, will not purchase another one. 

Best Answer

My versa has a black screen will not charge nor turn on! I came here and seen others having the same issues apparently after an update! I will not buy another fitbit product!

Best Answer

This is my 4th Fitbit smart watch since 2017 so each one has lasted on average  just about 1.5 years. These watches are not cheap and Fitbit does not seem to care. All my watches had either battery issues or heart monitors not working. Since Fitbit can monitor in real time, I think they are well aware of our addiction to the metrics ( which by the way are excellent).I also wonder whether they are able to remotely mess with devices. Would like to know what the average life of Fitbit watches. If we go by smart phones costing the same, out should last for at least 5 years. 

Best Answer