Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sleep tracking experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had it with the inaccurate sleep tracking and constantly having to manually edit sleep logs. Was a Charge2 user for over two years and recently began using a VersaLite. I had hoped the upgrade would also include improved sleep tracking, but that hasn’t been the case. At this point I am finished with it. 
The inclusion of the Sleep Score is a total farce. For example, today my sleep score improved when I removed the hour of awake time that I was sleeping. So by Fitbit’s score I had my best night of sleep in a week that was only 3.5 hours. Trust me when I say that is not enough. 
I have Sleep Apnea, so I understand the blips of awake throughout the night. The heart rate will briefly jump up during brief, intermittent interruptions of breathing due to the sleep apnea. 
I also have some odd dreams that I will occasionally wake up from. I usually check the time and then the next morning cross check tot with the apps sleep tracking, not once has it been right. 
many one who has ever had a sleep study knows there are about12-16 leads they attach to monitor the various aspects of the sleeping patterns. No wrist worn device will ever be able to accurately track sleep  

the constant updating and scrutinizing of my readings isn’t worth the time. As some others have also noted, the sleep score is garbage and the simple information about average nightly sleep is harder to get to since FitBit made it that way. 
if you want to track your sleep, keep looking. I’m sure Fitbit has good intentions, but there are just too many physiological aspects to sleep to be tracked by a single device data point. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @C.Schearer. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience with tracking your sleep. Thank you for providing the additional details, I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. Our only objective at Fitbit is to implement features that can help you reach your goals. Our team is always working on our products and services, and you comments are always welcome. There are several factors that can affect the sleep tracking and you can find more information about it here

I understand how frustrating this is for you as you have been a Fitbit customer for a long time and would like to continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. I respect your decision and wish you the best of luck with your health and wellness goals.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes