Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting calendar notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a fitbit versa for Christmas and am still trying to get used to it.  I have set up text, call, WhatsApp notifications but cannot seem to get email and google calendar notifications.  I really want to get calendar notifications.  I don't seem to have the option when I go under settings - notifications on my phone. 
I have an IPhone 7 plus.  Any  help is appreciated.  Thanks !

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@DucRider I just tested it and it works on iOS 12. Please make sure you can receive the notifications from your Google Calendar in the notification centre. Make sure the iphone settings for fitbit app and google calendar are set as described here (second image). You can toggle them OFF/ON and reboot your devices in-between. At first Google calendar app was not available in the Fitbit app notifications, but I reinstalled it, set test event in the google calendar (so the notification appears in the notification centre), then opened Fitbit app and refreshed the list of the apps in Notifications. Google Calendar appeared. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@jqueen you mean you do not see the calendar available under Versas Notifications? The list should populate automatically after each time the app requests an access to your phone's notification centre. Try going to Settings on your phone, Fitbit Notifications, and toggle them OFF and back to ON with the reboot of your phone in-between. Then set up some calendar even so it pops up in your notification bar, then go to Versas Notifications and check if the calendar app shows in the list.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I'm also new to Fitbit Versa...I followed the instructions, settings > notifications > Fibit notifications > Off, restarted cell, back to settings > notifications > Fibit > notifications On... still no calendar... I even went into Advanced settings and there's nothing in either place having to do with any notifications, except those that come from the Fitbit App itself. Am I looking for this in the wrong place??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never mind... I found another post by another user & opened the Fitbit app & found where the settings were hidden... you have to open the app, then select Versa & then Notifications...not the notifications on the cell or in the app below Privacy & Security... Whew, glad I finally figured that out!  It would be nice if these instructions were added to the User Guide.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jules_JAC I am not sure if you noticed but the original poster had already set up Whatsapp notifications. That means she already discovered "hidden" Versa's notifications. My understanding is that her notification list is not displaying Google Calendar.

@Jules_JAC wrote:

It would be nice if these instructions were added to the User Guide.

All one has to do is visit a help section. Check out this help article.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Hi Marrmaduke

My Versa is connected to an iPhone 7 (iOS 12) - but I get no Calendar notifications.

In the Fitbit app - and after selecting Versa, when I go to Notifications - and then go to App Notifications - there is no app for Google Calendar shown (even though the app is installed and all of its notification options are enabled in my iPhone).  I'm not sure what app Jules selected to allow her to receive Calendar notifications.

Also it seems that everything from Fitbit suggests if you turn on Calendar notifications in the Fitbit app at the prior screen (ie, where it shows Call, Text Messages, Calendar Events) - that it was supposed to access the calendar via the Apple native Calendar app (which in my case uses Google Calendar as the primary). Otherwise - what's the point of turning on Calendar Events??

Any solution would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DucRider I just tested it and it works on iOS 12. Please make sure you can receive the notifications from your Google Calendar in the notification centre. Make sure the iphone settings for fitbit app and google calendar are set as described here (second image). You can toggle them OFF/ON and reboot your devices in-between. At first Google calendar app was not available in the Fitbit app notifications, but I reinstalled it, set test event in the google calendar (so the notification appears in the notification centre), then opened Fitbit app and refreshed the list of the apps in Notifications. Google Calendar appeared. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply Marrrmaduke.

I checked various things and restarted etc... but still no Calendar notifications. Then the next day I started receiving them. Guess there is lag at Fitbit's end.

The good news is that I am now receiving Calendar notifications!

Cheers,

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks but, I don't have an iPhone... I answered my own question by
reviewing other posts & ended up playing around with it & figured it out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DucRider I'm glad it's working! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I have a similar problem and have tried this solution, yet it still doesn't work... Do you have any suggestions??? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes