Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications squad not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So ya why notafactions arnt working I tried ererything the last one I got was July 15 I thought everything was fine. It only a few probelms the Fitbit works it’s just I don’t get any of the today app messages (versa ,ionic) I have the versa and I love it when I get it the Messages, the hourly steps work but the sleeping doesn’t really work I hope I can get help with this 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@1swat1 This is Today app installed on your Versa. It has nothing to do with the notifications from Fitbit app that you want to be able to read on your tracker. Please do the following:

1. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

IMG_0017.PNGIMG_0018.PNG

If this is already enabled, disable everything, then restart your phone and enable everything back.

2.  Open Fitbit mobile app and tap on the Versa icon in the top left corner, then scroll down to Notifications

IMG_0015.PNGIMG_0016.PNG

Make sure everything is selected as shown. Now tap on the App Notifications and enable Fitbit app.

3. Sync your tracker.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@1swat1 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that you aren't getting notifications nor sleep with your Versa. Could you add more information about these issues? What type of notifications aren't you getting? What about the sleep? What is the issue with it? Could you share some screenshots from your sleep data on your app? 

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

59D0BE56-B235-4636-8185-39A9FA2D9C0A.png

This is the picture of the notifications not working the sleep now works 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

@1swat1 First make sure you can receive these notifications in your phone notification bar/drawer/centre. You will also need to enable Fitbit app under Notifications in the Fitbit mobile app. I know how it sounds. But yes. If you want Fitbit app notifications on your Versa, you need to enable them within the app itself.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also motivatal messages also do not work on the Fitbit watch app I wish it was fixed ( Fitbit app on phone notifications and on the watch app)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Picture for Fitbit app messesgess (motivation messesges)

Also still notifications are still not working

7920AAF5-EA76-429B-8BAC-04449F2924EC.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@1swat1 This is Today app installed on your Versa. It has nothing to do with the notifications from Fitbit app that you want to be able to read on your tracker. Please do the following:

1. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

IMG_0017.PNGIMG_0018.PNG

If this is already enabled, disable everything, then restart your phone and enable everything back.

2.  Open Fitbit mobile app and tap on the Versa icon in the top left corner, then scroll down to Notifications

IMG_0015.PNGIMG_0016.PNG

Make sure everything is selected as shown. Now tap on the App Notifications and enable Fitbit app.

3. Sync your tracker.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@1swat1 Please note that notifications no longer live in the notification center since June of this year. You can set up Push Notifications to receive inspirational messages in your app. Please check out this post

@Marrrmaduke thanks for your assistance in this thread! Nice to see you. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit As always, thank you for checking on us! 🤗

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this has fixed the email, messenger, Instagram and What'sapp but not the iphone messages still. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaznit I would recommend setting up everything yet again (performing the procedure from my previous post) AFTER performing this procedure:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in phone's Bluetooth settings
  6. Grant all permissions incl pairing
  7. Make sure Fitbit Notifications are enabled in your phone Settings. If they are switch them off, sync, switch them back ON, and sync again.
  8. Make sure All day sync is enabled.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. I tried all this but got stuck at step 6 as it wouldn’t let me do anything without pairing again.

i did go into phone setting after not being able to do this in Fitbit settings just incase but it didn’t help.

any other ideas? Everything but iMessage/text works.

C05D27BC-2A3C-41A0-BDED-43E219CBE397.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaznit Once Fitbit app prompts you with that message, you should tap Set Up. You may have to attempt the procedure several times. Unfortunately, it seems like it's a bug, but several people have reported success setting it up, eventually. Take a look.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @Marrrmaduke after a few tries and making sure preview message was on, this has now worked. Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaznit Awesome news! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes