Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving WhatsApp Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, both my husband and I have a Versa and ionic Fitbits and are unable to receive WhatsApp notifications. The Versa and Ionic are at Version levels 68.9.15. Can anyone offer advice  on how to resolve the issue as we both received notifications in the past.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

sorry, double post. Please see below.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @agh55 , what phone are you and your husband using?  If you are using iPhones updated to iOS 13 you may be being affected by a known issue with notifications.  Fitbit is working on a fix for this.

If it isn’t that, sometimes when the app is automatically updated it goes back to default settings, so it is worth checking that WhatsApp notifications is still turned on.  On your app on the phone, go to the Account screen (that’s your picture, in the little circle top left).  On the Versa screen find notifications and make sure that you WhatsApp is checked (ticked).  I find it works best to choose WhatsApp messages as my primary text message notification.  You can add SMS messages in under “App notifications”.

The instructions are the same for the Ionic.

Also, do you sync with more than one device?  For example, I use an iPad to sync as well as my phone and they can interfere with each other if Bluetooth is turned on.  Because of this, I almost never get messages when I am home, but only when I am out of range of my iPad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem.. Im using android and not receiving WhatsApp notifications. Done several troubleshooting such as install uninstall app etc. Pls help what should i do

Best Answer

Hi, @Kimy507 , have you tried the steps I suggested above?  

Go to the notifications section of your app and make sure WhatsApp notifications are turned on.  I find it works best if you set WhatsApp as your primary message, and add SMS messages under App notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Julia, yes i have tried it but still not receive any notification from WhatsApp. Any suggestions for this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kimy507 , are you receiving other notifications (calls/ SMS text messages)?  Have you set WhatsApp as your primary Text Message notification?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes i already set whatsapp as the primary text msg notification. I also
read versa2 does not compatible with Huawei p30 phone. Is it true? Too
bad.. Should not bought it at first place.
Best Answer
0 Votes