Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since i messaed around on my fitbit app my text mesaages stopped coming through knto my fitbit but i still revieve my emails and phone calls. I tried eveeything i could. I tried restarting both my phone and my fitbit i tried doing it in my settings but nothing works. I also have a samsung s8, can someone please help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@_xdar Please make sure that notifications for your text messaging app are selected in the Fitbit mobile app. Also, make sure that text messages notifications appear in the notification center bar on your phone. Versa can only display notifications appearing in the notification center. As you have a Samsung phone, please make sure that Preview of the message is enabled - go to your messaging app settings, and enable Preview on the screen. By default, Samsung phones have it disabled, which means message can't be seen on the phone's screen and Versa cannot read it.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats what i have done byt still not working.😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_xdar just to confirm:

1. You can see notifications on your phone?

2. Versa syncs? When was the last sync - open Fitbit mobile app, tap on versa and go to the sync section 

3. Have tried simple reboot of the tracker and phone?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its syncs all the time to my phone, i even factory set the qatch but still no messages come through and they do in my phone.

Best Answer

Obviously @Marrrmaduke  has not been paying attention to this forum lately. The text message notification issue is not a device issue at this point but an issue with either the Fitbit app,the last update or both. It's a Fitbit problem and fortunately we have no timeline on when I fix is coming.

Best Answer

So is there anything i can do? Because its only the text messages that arent working, messenger and whatsapp are working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_xdar Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing fitbit app and re-enabling all notifications within?

@Eriklb eheheh how about some troubleshooting and advice? And guess what my app works just fine... hmmm

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer