Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Services

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the last Fitbit upgrade I noticed that in order to update the notification services on the app, I must allow Fitbit access to read all my personal information, contact names and content of my messages. It also allows for Fitbit to activate buttons, which include and not limited to, Do not Disturb on and off and change settings related to it.

I find this very intrusive and don't understand why they are asking permission to basically take control of my phone......VERY scary. If I don't allow Fitbit access, I will not receive any notifications.

Does anyone else find this troubling? I am about ready to through out the watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @eakramar you are asking about the Fitbit app on your unknown phone. 

We are in the Versa hardware help, I will be happy to move the post, but I'm not sure what phone we are being asked about.

Yes, if you would like your phone to send notifications of phone calls, text messages, emails, then Fitbit will need access to contacts, the phone, email, and your messages.  

Fitbit needs to know the phone number that is calling you, then needs to look at your contacts to see if the phone number is a known number. 

As for text messages, uth es fitbit will need to be able to read amd pass the message on to the watch.

These permissions have been needed since the release of the Flex in 2013 or so

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @eakramar you are asking about the Fitbit app on your unknown phone. 

We are in the Versa hardware help, I will be happy to move the post, but I'm not sure what phone we are being asked about.

Yes, if you would like your phone to send notifications of phone calls, text messages, emails, then Fitbit will need access to contacts, the phone, email, and your messages.  

Fitbit needs to know the phone number that is calling you, then needs to look at your contacts to see if the phone number is a known number. 

As for text messages, uth es fitbit will need to be able to read amd pass the message on to the watch.

These permissions have been needed since the release of the Flex in 2013 or so

Best Answer
0 Votes