Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications and music control issues-Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

NOTE: Confused as to why my original post was marked as 'Spam' by somebody. This is an (edited) constructive critique and, more overall, a question. Nobody is being targeted, nobody is being harassed, nobody is being abused or otherwise demeaned. The Community Guidelines are being followed.

Already aware that there are more than a few posts about ongoing Versa sync (Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.) problems, but I wanted to add to the pile because - y'know - numbers and what have you. This is a bit of a long read but I'm tired and disgruntled and disappointed.

Just to clarify, I've been using Fitbit products for around three or four years, largely without any complaint at all, but I've had no end of problems since upgrading from Fitbit's activity trackers to their smartwatches; the firmware quality and customer support all of a sudden seems to have bombed.

I'm one of those Pixel 2 users who just bought a Versa and immediately ran into Music Control and Notification problems which have sort of been fixed. Notifications are inconsistent, and Music Control works but displays the incorrect track name. Whatever, I can deal with that.

The problem is given that I've just returned multiple Fitbit devices to Amazon because of the same problems cropping up, so this is getting to be a tad ridiculous.

The fact that so many people are already reporting days-old Versas being cracked, phantom steps/vibrations/floors etc., Bluetooth and Wifi connectivity difficulties, significantly shortened battery life, issues with charging, incorrect or inconsistent sleep tracking, text message problems and more is a worry. It leads me to the concept that all some folks in some organisations care about is making up the bucks as fast as humanly possible and ignoring swathes of folks who have hit metaphorical walls with their products.

But I don't want to believe that, because up until recently the experience has been pretty decent and because of the devices I've owned I'm that little bit healthier. The same can be said for plenty of other users.

For those of us that continue to have problems, however, we're often left to deal with this by ourselves or are directed to online FAQs which we've often already read and otherwise haven't resolved much. I get that support forums exist so that customers can share their fixes, but why should the customer have to find fixes for so many problems straight out of the box? We just want our products to work to a more consistent degree than what they are, at the very least, and the fact that that hasn't been happening for a while for a number of the community is saddening, especially when returns are so difficult because these problems usually pertain to software as opposed to the item being faulty.

Will anybody from Fitbit be releasing any kind of correspondence regarding these problems with the Versa in the future? It would be nice to see.

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @SunsetRunner, it's great to see here.

I appreciate all the feedback provided about the Fitbit Versa, I know that there are some issues that we are aware of and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible, I apologize for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience.

About the notifications and music control issues you are having, keep in mind that in order to have a successful connection between your watch and phone, it needs to be compatible. Have you checked if your phone is compatible? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at our list. If it isn't compatible, it doesn't mean that it won't work with your watch but you might experience some connectivity issues.

You can always try the instructions provided in the following links but I don't guarantee it will work 100%:

Let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Ahhhh...Fitbit's go-to answer "is your phone fully compatible and have you read the user guide? " is getting really old.   Clearly the Versa has big time issues with syncing,  Bluetooth connectivity,  music controls,  etc .There is no excuse for such new phone models to not be compatible. Sure hope Fitbit is close to a solution to their problems,  or I will have to find a new fitness watch company !

Best Answer
0 Votes