Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications won't vibrate on Versa 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just bought the Versa3 a few days ago and since I opened it, it has been giving me issues with its connection ability to my Samsung Galaxy S9+. At first it would not properly pair to my phone through the Versa 3 Controls, now that I actually have it "paired" it says that it's paired but when I get my notifications (I set up texts, emails, whatsapp, and snapchat) or calls, the Versa3 won't vibrate to notify me. It's super disappointing to buy a brand new smartwatch and for it to not work properly after a few days of use. I just want to know how to fix this or if I can even fix this whether it be on the software or a bug or god knows what. If this does not get fixed I might just have to return it and go for the Samsung Watch3. Hope someone can help ASAP, Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Fitbarb. Welcome to the Community Forums. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

If you haven't done so yet, please see Why didn't my Fitbit device alert me?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. 

With that being said, I was wondering if your Versa 3 does vibrate with your silent alarms? Your watch vibrates to alert you at various times, including if you set an alarm, when you hit your step goal, or if you haven’t met your hourly activity goal. Have you see if the vibration is also missing for these features?

If your Versa 3 didn't alert you, make sure you successfully set an alarm. For more information, see How do I manage alarms on my Fitbit device?

If you correctly set the alarm or aren’t receiving other alerts, test your device’s vibration motor. Connect the device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?

Also note that when you turn on the Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode setting on your phone your watch receives notifications, but it won’t alert you. Swipe down to see your notifications.

Since you have the Versa 3 paired to an Android phone, it can alert you to notifications at any time:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the account icon > your device image > Notifications
  2. In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

Regarding the connectivity issues, please see: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Let me know how it goes. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The versa 3 vibration is VERY gentle and I find it is almost undetectable. Needs to be harder to be able to be deterred when worn. Every other fitbit i have had had had a vibrating that was easy to feel, but the versa 3 may add week not vibrate at all considering that I have only detected it once in 2.5 mths and I regularly reach goals. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Bugbear23, thanks for stopping by. I understand why you're feeling frustrated, I'm here to help you.

If you haven't received the latest firmware version of Versa 3, please stay tuned. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later. 

Important Note: You will need to be on the latest app: iOS 3.34 or Android 3.34.1 in order to view the latest features. Please update your app.

If the vibration of your Versa 3 does not improve after the update, please let me know so I can further investigate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a Versa 3 and I can’t get any vibration for notifications. I’m very disappointed because my Versa 2 was way better!

Best Answer

Hi there, @Fitbarb. Welcome to the Community Forums. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

If you haven't done so yet, please see Why didn't my Fitbit device alert me?

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried my message sent this community for 3 years.  FitBit Versa 3 received update Firmware. BUT nothing change a vibrator setting.   I am very very frustrate 😠 with Fitbit are LACK to technically issue for Deaf people NEED a LONGER or KEEP REPEAT VIBRATOR when notification message receive is VERY VERY IMPORTANT their work employee.  Because Fitbit Versa 3 current is  two short vibrator (Brrrp - brrrp) that's all !   Why people isn't feel their wrist.   They waiting long 30mins for response from deaf people.  I heard one deaf employee were fired cause late message answer after boss send message been wait more than hour.  Because Fitbit is faulty cause very short vibrator is LACK.

Other Versa 3 have a ALARM set for woke up this morning are excellent as keep repeat longer vibrator until their press to stop vibrator.   That alarm SUPPOSE same put the Notification message require for DEAF people.   

I PUSH you should tell your FITBIT TECHNICALLY TEAM  ...Now !!!    Otherwise everyone will STOP buy it.   I been wait for 3 years nothing change it !     COM'N !!! 😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree!  

I CAN NOT get any vibration of notifications on my new Versa 3!!!! SO disappointed cuz my Versa 2 worked great!!!!  

Best Answer