Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Versa setup issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: 08/31/2018: Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The setup process should now be working normally, and you can follow the instructions here to pair a device to your account.

If you continue to encounter any difficulty with setup, please let us know.

Hi everyone! Thank you all for your reports of this issue.

I have forwarded your inquiries to our Product Team who is aware of this issue and actively working to resolve it. I will share updates with you all as soon as I receive them.

Thanks again for the reports.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The setup process should now be working normally, and you can follow the instructions here to pair a device to your account.

If you continue to encounter any difficulty with setup, please let us know.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

My versa is brand new out of the box, and it will not set up. My husband bought an Iconic yesterday and his wont either.

Best Answer
After trying a million times I finally got it. I'm paranoid to try anything
on it because it seems so unreliable. I still can't get my weather to sync
and I can't see or reply to text messages. I have always loved my fitbits.
All the others I have had were no issue. My alta hr was soooo simple. This
one I want to throw at the wall!
Best Answer

I can't update my Fitbit Versa, what's the problem?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

still the same issue till 29aug..... 

Best Answer

Rushed out to buy the Versa yesterday and have spent hours trying to get it to set up.  I keep getting prompted "Finish Setup Your Versa needs an update before you can use it"  it fails to run the update and i have no display on the device even though it syncs and updates my step count on when i check my dashboard on my phone....very frustrated and disappointed.  I have used Fitbit devices user for years and this is so very disappointing.  Is Fitbit working on this issue because I see from this forum many are having the same issue????

Best Answer

"Hey look at this thread, there are dozens and dozens of people unable to update the Versa with firmware 3.0.14, they all have different phones, they use Android, they use Apple, they are all still having issues, they have reset the Versa, they have reinstalled the app, they have done every possibel combination but it still doesn't work, how about you consider looking at this"

Best Answer

Just spent almost an hour on online chat support with still no resolution, this is a real

problem and it seems as though Fitbit is not acknowledging it....

Best Answer

I received a reply back, they have acknowledged there is an ongoing system issue that they are working on.

Best Answer

@Sandy1970I hope that is legit, because there are numerous posts for this single issue now and they are having us do futile steps to troubleshoot a problem that lays at their end.

Best Answer

I was on the phone earlier this afternoon as well.  I was told there is no issue.  Must be my Versa, requested i ship it back and they will send me a replacement.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the response I received

"It seems that there is an ongoing issue with the system causing the Fitbit to fail during the firmware update, despite trying different devices.

we are working on addressing this inconvenience in the shortest time possible so you can take the most advantage of the Fitbit Versa. We'll reach back to you during the next 48 hours.

Best Answer

Sandy1970 please keep us updated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I open a thread specific to the message @Sandy1970 received from fitbit support here so hopefully it doesn't get lost in the weeds of "My fitbit won't update" threads.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Versa-Firmware-Update-Fitbit-s-Issue/td-p/2926220

Best Answer
0 Votes

definitely will share as soon as I get a response from them 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit versa arrived today .. so excited! But i have spent all night trying to set it up. It connects to bluetooth it connects to wifi... but wont setup ir update. I have nothibg showing on the fitbit screen other then the startup screen. I have a galaxy s9 and now panicking that they might not be compatible and i have possibly wasted £200 ....

Please some one tell me im wrong...

Best Answer

No it's not you or your device it's fitbit. I have tried updating on iOS, Windows 10, and Android via bluetooth and wifi 2 with different versas. It is not on our end they have something broken.

Best Answer

Thank you. I thought j read slmewhere that the versa doesnt work with the s9.. so really hoping it is not true. Il be gutted if i cant get it tp work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a versa and it’s not updating so I am unable to complete setup, has anybody else experienced this, if so what was the solution

Best Answer

Thank you so much for posting this. I also purchased my Versa today. This is the first fitness tracker I've ever owned, and I'm having the same issues as everyone else. This has truly been the most frustrating experience I've ever had with any electronic purchase. After trying all of the recommended troubleshooting, I took the Versa back to Best Buy and exchanged it for a different one. The second Versa is having the same issue. I am completely frustrated, but I am glad to know that Fitbit is working to resolve the issue. I'm extremely irritated with the amount of time I've wasted today. This is a pretty bad first impression. On the positive side, Best Buy took the first watch back without issue--no fees or questions. I'll wait for a day or two to see if Fitbit fixes the issue, but considering everything I've read, I don't have a whole lot of faith that I will be keeping this product. 

Best Answer