Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Versa setup issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: 08/31/2018: Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The setup process should now be working normally, and you can follow the instructions here to pair a device to your account.

If you continue to encounter any difficulty with setup, please let us know.

Hi everyone! Thank you all for your reports of this issue.

I have forwarded your inquiries to our Product Team who is aware of this issue and actively working to resolve it. I will share updates with you all as soon as I receive them.

Thanks again for the reports.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

So, I have this same issue. I have called multiple times and done the online chat. I have a brand new versa and it won't set up. They are saying that it is an issue that popped up 2 days ago and that it is still being worked on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa is still not setting up, please help, I’ve done the factory reset but it doesn’t show a red X afterward... don’t know what I’m doing wrong 

Best Answer

Im having the same issue. Factory reset wont work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the versa 3 hours ago and having same issue! Have reset, deleted app, called customer service but still will not update so un-usable. Waiting on CS to call back. I only wish I had found these threads before I spent $220

Best Answer

How long did you have to hold the remaining two buttons before it reset? It seems to be taking a long time (>3 minutes). Just wondering what to expect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my new Versa and still cannot get it set up.  It says it's set up then I need to update tracker software then it fails. I've tried resetting the versa but can't get the vibration, uninstalled/reinstalled fitbit app, rebooted phone. Tried using wifi and bluetooth. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is anyone from Fitbit monitoring this and can give us some solutions?  Seems like we are all having problems setting up our Versas!

Best Answer

I've factory reset the watch 4 times, and I've hold the remaining two buttons down for more than 5 min. I'm really disappointed, was very excited getting the new versa

Best Answer

Wow, @SunsetRunner! Thanks for the heads up. My fingers burn from holding them down so long, but maybe it will be more bearable, knowing approximately how long, before I give up, after coming so close. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on the phone with them now. They know it is a problem on their end. I’m just upset I decided to spend extra $$$ on Fitbit brand and the versa over the charge 2 and cannot use it! On hold yet again to see if there is a work around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted customer care and they said there is a problem with their system.... what is the timeframe on this.... I just spent 200+ dollars on a watch that doesn’t even show what time it is because it won’t update....beyond pissed. 😡

Best Answer

Well hopefully it's gets sorted out soon. Please keep us updated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! And cannot return it to Academy as I am sure open electronics are non-returnable. Was just told I would get an email in 24-48 hours with a resolution. 

Best Answer

My versa also do not connecting with my phone since yesterday.

(i can not delete this, but my problem has been solved)

Best Answer

no more than 30 seconds but around 10 -15 seconds.

1. press all 3 buttons wait for the fitbit logo appear that has no writing beneath it just the logo

2. wait for that logo to dissapear

3. after the screen goes black and release the bottom right button quickly.

4. wait for the fitbit to vibrate then release all buttons

5. wait for the fitbit to do it's thing

6. setup the factory reset fitbit via the app

Best Answer

How long do you have to hold the remaining two buttons before it vibrates? Because I've held mine down for more than 5 minutes and it didn't vibrate once

Best Answer
0 Votes

maximum 30 seconds but should be around 10-15seconds it took me about 20 tries.

Best Answer

Ok finally got the factory reset done. Trick is you have to let go of bottom button very quickly when FB logo disappears. Have started downloading again but this time I have the blue bar on left side of watch screen and no red X popping up! I think it is working this time!

Best Answer

Yes the bar moving arcoss the screen is a good sign!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

24 hours later I managed to set my new versa up. I hadn't managed to reset my fitbit properly, it took a few attempts to get it to vibrate properly. Then disconnected it from phone. Turned phone off and then phone back on and connected fitbit and it did the download in about half an hour.

Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes