Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving duplicate notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Getting duplicate notifications, but not every one.  Versa has 32.32.4.19.  Android App is V2.69. Google Pixel, stock Android v8.1.0.  All day sync is on, default notifications (no other apps enabled), Always Connected is on, Keep-alive widget is on.  I see from other forums that this is a common issue among most trackers, but I don't remember seeing the issue with my old Blaze using the same phone/OS.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

As my post directly above yours notes, I am running the latest versions and still have this issue, so your suggestion is not a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your last post was the one that popped up on my phone. I'm sorry for your
frustration, but being snarky toward others is definitely not a solution. I
hope you are able to solve your issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are confusing “being snarky” with a simple statement of fact. 

Thanks, I now have two separate support jobs logged, so we will see.

Best Answer

@ElizToepfer wrote:
I updated my Versa as soon as the update came out. I have not had a
duplicate notification of any kind since then.

Glad to hear you were so lucky. Unfortunately, the rest of us weren't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check if you have an Android update available for your phone! I did and upgrading to Android 8.0 fixed my issue! I hope it might fix yours if you have the update available!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck with that.. their support is more than useless. And even though I have asked them if all these errors are known issues they never admit it, or advise when a proper solution will be reached. It's a pity because when it is working well it's a great watch. Just all the issues cause so much frustration

Best Answer
0 Votes

After two months of emails with Support they still couldn’t do anything for me, so sadly in the end I just returned my Versa and got my money back. A smart watch where the notifications don’t work is unusable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I recently switched from an iPhone to an an android and have been getting the double notifications too. I think it has to do with how Android handles the notifications compared to iOS. On the iPhone every notification 'stacks' on top of all the others. On android it just shows the first unread message and indicates you have more unread. The fitbit seems to show the first unread and repeating it for every new item in the same app. I am trying to figure out if this is some setting that can be changed within android but no luck yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

We are in 2019 and I still have not read a solution which works to solve the problem of double notifications, in my case for WA and phone calls. Also, the quick replies to the notifications don't work either. Has anyone found a solution? I agree that this must be an app problem. I followed all your instructions carefully to the "T" and nothing works...I've even done it twice.

I have the latest Fitbit version installed 38.33.1.30 and use an ANDROID 6.0 (LG-H815) phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The suggestions you posted are a bit like the evergreen MS-Windows troubleshooting: reset, reload, and reboot everything, preferably multiple times. But as I and other users have noticed, they do not seem to solve the problem. Thank you. 

Best Answer

Downloaded the most recent firmware just yesterday and it appears thus far this bug has been fixed..OMG ..you can only shut down and  restart just so many times before it gets to a frustrating  level....but thank you Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where I can find that update. I switched from ios to android and now i have double notification for each msgs. Last firmware is version is 28.20001.63.5

https:// imgur.com/1ViEYAz screenshot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I logged into my Fitbit.com account it was there..If you go thru Google Play Store for the app it should have an update icon.  My version says 3.8.. Notifications are working just fine for my S10+. If you have Spotify I could not get  the music controls to work thru that app..but it does work  thru the Fitbit app . Using Versa Classic bluetooth I  can now control music thru my Bose speakers and car bluetooth..It has taken awhile but  looks like Fitbit has finally arrived...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying. I also have the latest firmware version of 38.33.1.30 but still get duplicate notifs and also the quick replies for Whatsapp doen't work. I've rebooted, done all the steps and still nothing.Maybe Google will fix this problem now that they are buying Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. You have to update through your phone (Playstore) but make sure your synchronize your watch so it gets updated. Hope this helps, if not, let me know.Best

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Moto G7 Power and with a Versa (1), latest update of both plus the Fitbit app.  I constantly get multiple notifications for only Calendar events.  Like 3 or 4 notifications per event on the Versa.  Phone only has the one alert.  Sometimes the final one pops up on the Versa after the event has started.  I Have even tried to remove the reset up the Versa in the Fitbit app.  The only solution I have found is to turn off the notifications but alerts for these events are important so I really don't want to do that.  Help please!

Best Answer

Unfortunately,  I do not use this feature and thus have not  experienced  the problem...however I think I will test it to  see what happens ..I will get back to you ..

Best Answer
0 Votes

This appears to have been going on for some time.  I have a new Versa 2 (Mother's Day!) and I am getting my email notifications. I  keep getting one email, that I deleted a week ago from gmail, that pops up every hour or so. So I have been getting the  same notification about 8 times a day and the email does not exist anymore! Help please. This is so frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would advise you to make sure you have installed any available software
updates. That is what finally fixed mine. There were lots of suggestions,
but nothing else I tried worked. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have found the issue is with outlook. I have a GPS that shows alerts also and it does the same thing. I disabled the feature on the watch so I no longer get outlook notifications. 

DV
Best Answer
0 Votes