Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving duplicate notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Getting duplicate notifications, but not every one.  Versa has 32.32.4.19.  Android App is V2.69. Google Pixel, stock Android v8.1.0.  All day sync is on, default notifications (no other apps enabled), Always Connected is on, Keep-alive widget is on.  I see from other forums that this is a common issue among most trackers, but I don't remember seeing the issue with my old Blaze using the same phone/OS.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

I’m on iPhone 11 Pro Max, brand new Fitbit Sense - getting double notifications of everything 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, not surprising...not until Fitbit fixes their problems will any of these issues go away, and it very well may be my last Fitbit that I buy🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting duplicate notifications on my watch, but only from Outlook.  I do not get multiple notifications on my phone, so it must be fitbit that is doing this.  My battery life has decreased from over 5 day (Versa 2) before the duplicates started occassionally months ago to 3 days now, when I get most e-mail notifications at least twice.

Maybe it is time to send Fitbit a bill for a new smart watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a Fitbit issue. I found if you lose bluetooth connectivity with your phone for any amount of time OR if the Fitbit has to compete with other Bluetooth devices set up on your phone it appears the device doesn't  recall it already sent a notification. I have received the same notification 3-4 times.. Once I unpair the Fitbit  on my phone and pair it again, the problem is resolved until it happens again..It is so annoying.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try doing this; on an iphone swipe from the top down to see your notification center. Clear the notification in there. It should stop repeating. Should be similar if you are on an android device. This was driving nuts and figured it out by accident. hopefully Fitbit will reward me for answering this by giving me a new device for xmas. I'd like a charge 4 🙂

001-notification-center-iphone-1999192-637d38ba36f3496aac53053b604c8f73

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this defeats the entire purpose of receiving notifications on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello ,

Thanks for responding..I have an Android Galaxy S10+.. I have been at this for awhile now..lol..I know I am aware and probably  many others are as well this doesn't  necessarily  cure the problem... I work in the markets and probably  get upwards  of 70+ notifications  a day via several  apps. Just don't  have the time to keep clearing the device..So I have decided that I am going to switch to an IPhone..just for the Apple watch...

Best Answer

I googled Fitbit duplicate notification issue and was directed here. This thread has been lasted for nearly two years and the problem is still there without a solution. I wonder if Fitbit would feel even a least bit of sorrow.

At least, the simplest workaround Fitbit could do is to add one more if-statement in there code to check if a notification is a duplicate of the previous one. But they opt to do nothing.

Best Answer

This issue is so annoying because it’s constantly draining my battery on the Fitbit with having duplicated notifications.

if I make a telephone call it’s constantly notifying me that I’m on a call. 
Clearly fit bit aren’t interested in making their customers happy considering this thread has been going for 2 years and they haven’t given a solution !!!! 

Best Answer

I fully agree with you! Fitbit is losing this customer for sure, never again.

All they have to do is hire good programmers and fix the problem, but they are obviously not interested in doing that.

Shouldn't be that hard, considering all the smart-watches that are available to copy from on the market.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, I get them mostly with Facebook and messenger, but with others as well. SO annoying and ridiculous this company has done NOTHING to resolve it

Best Answer
0 Votes
yeah, I ultimately turned notification off.  
Doug
~Must'v been a Jedi mindtrick~
Best Answer
0 Votes

In my case, it's WeChat. Others are fine. This issue has been there for over a year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes