Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red X on screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased a versa lite for my daughter and the screen won’t clear or sync. Has a red x on the screen. Restarted and it’s still there. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
191 REPLIES 191

Hi there,

I am having the same issue. I’ve tried your steps and it doesn’t work, I’ve exhausted all options. Turned on/off removed app, uploaded again, blue tooth on off. 

Please help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing works! I bought my mom and myself one for 2019 Christmas, both got th big Red X and are useless to us! Couldn’t return because covid, basically I was totally ripped off!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had 2 in a year do this. Couldn't find a fix and I refuse to waste more money on a watch that doesn't last a year. They should last more than 6 months. I saved and upgraded to a different brand and love it!

Best Answer

On your Fitbit app, go to add a device. There you can remove your Fitbit from the app and then reload it. It fixed mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you so much, after connecting it again its come back to life!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to get a replacement because the steps didn’t work for me either
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is a shame. I'm retired and have lots of time on my hands but I spent probably 15 to 20 hours trying to figure out the problem. I finally figured it out. Nothing Fitbit said helped.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're welcome. What a frustrating problem. Glad I could help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this method several times. Everytime it turns back on it brings the red x back. I havent had any issues until the latest update. I need help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the red X of death. There is no coming back for your fitbit. I
contacted customer support and they went through all the steps with me.
When nothing worked they said they would send me a new one since it was
less than a year old.
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes
I fixed mine by removing my watch from the app and re-installing it. It has
worked fine ever since.

db
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting and the details mentioned. I see where your frustration is coming from. 

If you haven't done so, try the following troubleshooting: 

- Remove the watch from Bluetooth 

- Turn off other Bluetooth connections 

- Confirm the Fitbit app is up-to-date 

- Restart the phone 

- Set it up as a new device 

In an effort to keep the forums organized, this thread will be closed. If you get the red X on screen after performing the troubleshooting provided above, contact our Support team or create a new thread if needed. 

Have a nice day. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer