Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to Texts on the FitBit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I really like the FitBit Versa, but the reply to text application does not work. When I see a text message on the watch there are no options to reply to texts.

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52
Do you have a suggestion on a app for me to use?
Is there a way for me to use textra?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try Message+?  What was the default messaging app that came with your phone.  I don't think you said which phone you are using?  Is it Samsung?  Their default is called Messages.  Did you try both?  Remember, in order to receive the messages to your Versa, the conversation in the messaging app needs to be closed.  This conserves battery in a long texting conversation.

Here's a link to a Help article on receiving Notifications with troubleshooting.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1610/?q=Text+notifications&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=...

Here's a Help article about sending Quick Replies.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2344/?q=Quick+Replies&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

See whether you can get any of the other texting apps you have to work. I don't know why you don't see the Android Inline Reply option.  The only thing I can think of is that I have the paid version of Textra.  However, there are oodles of texting apps available on the Play Store.  See what other people are using that works.

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I am using Message+
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I switch to Message+ I can't get the Notifications to roll to my watch.  I don't know why and I've searched the forums for an answer and I haven't found one.  My suggestion is to start a new discussion with Message+ in the title asking for help with getting Notifications and Quick Replies to work with Message+.  People who are using this app should be able to guide you.  Or, you'll find out that no one gets this app to work.

Samsung phones usually come with the default Samsung messaging app called Messages.  The icon is blue.  Maybe try that one if you don't get anywhere with Message+.  Also, you could start a discussion asking people what messaging app they use that works for Notifications and Quick Replies.  Honestly, if you find a good one, even if it costs $4.99 it might be worth it.  I love getting Notifications on my watch and being able to reply (with a stock reply).

Good Luck.  I'll be watching for your new discussions because I'm hoping to learn something too.

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. Thank you for your help. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why doesn’t Fitbit tell you that when you that in the specifications? I really want to like this Versa.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know when or if the option to reply to text messages via my Versa will work with Iphones? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I have the Fitbit versa just got it and I cant figure out why I cant reply to a text message on this watch or make a call like it said I could is there special app I need other then the Fitbit one i have a galaxy note 9 please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That stinks I keep trying to figure it out too. It doesn’t state that anywhere. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not think you can text on Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!! I've been looking for a workaround for my versa not getting my texts and this was absolutely perfect!!!!

Best Answer

Why when you buy it it says it runs with iso 11 and higher on iPhone  :double_exclamation_mark:

Best Answer
0 Votes