Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to Texts on the FitBit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I really like the FitBit Versa, but the reply to text application does not work. When I see a text message on the watch there are no options to reply to texts.

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

@Rperry  These are the options I see.  What do you see when you touch Button 2?Textra Android Heads-Up Buttons.pngTextra Button Options.png

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have all of those options except the android inline reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rperry  What phone are you using?

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

galaxy S5

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rperry  I think the problem is that the Galaxy S5 isn't running Android 7.0 which is the minimum iOS required for the Quick Reply option.  Check the Android OS version that you have.

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome, thank you.  The Textra steps above worked perfectly on my S9+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Galaxy S7 and I do not see the "inline reply" under the Textra Heads-Up Buttons. I have it under the Android Heads-Up Button. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@afoun028 What Android OS are you running? Replies require Android 7.0 or higher. 

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Would that be the same as "Android version 8.0.0? I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the things internally like that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@afoun028 Yes. If you are running Android 8.0 everything should work for you.  I'm really not sure why you wouldn't have that option for button 2. However, without setting Button 2 to the Android In-Line Reply, using Textra you won't be able to reply. Maybe try a different texting app? 

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I  have just learned from Fitbit that IOS users do not have the ability to use quick reply with the Versa. The video on your website showing this as a feature was one of the primary selling points for me. The video is misleading as it doesn’t in any way say - “this will only work if you have an Android phone”. It is ridiculous that this feature is only available to Android users and not iPhone. 

Please fix this and add this as a feature for IPhone users. 

Best Answer

Ok I will try a different app. Thank you for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea it's 6.0 . Do you know if I can update to 7.0?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rperry I waited until my cellular carrier pushed out the higher Android OS to me. You might be able to install it yourself but you should check that your phone can handle the higher OS. Might be time to move to a newer phone. I would search the internet for information. 

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get quick replys.  I have a note 5.   I texted textra.   I went to define notification 

And set up marked read, quick reply and close. 

All I get on my versa is marked read, open and close.   I have tried everything!! Help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nicolel123 It won't work with "Quick Reply" for button 2. You have to set button 2 to "Android In-Line Reply". Do you have this option? 

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes
No. Is there a different app. I can use. Maybe messger+ with verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nicolel123 Yes you can use any texting app.

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried messages that can with my phone. Standard
How do I get my versa to give me quick replys
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not familiar with other messaging apps.  Perhaps search the forum with the name of the messaging app you use.  BTW, Message+ from Verizon is problematic.

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes