Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return unopened product

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Within minutes of ordering Fitbit, I realized I ordered wrong one. Contact was made to correct issue and was told it was sent to warehouse and could not do anything. Item then was shipped. I knew it was the wrong item so when it arrived, I refused it. I contacted customer service about refund, to which I was told I would have to pay taxes. What?! Why would I have to pay taxes on something not in my possession and never opened?! I then was referred to policy on no refund of taxes. Ridiculous! I’m expecting a full refund. Anyone else experiencing this company’s wrongdoings? I was going to purchase correct product, but not after this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Oilr - Assuming you are in the US, sales tax is determined by the state. You would have to take up your complaint/refund request with your state. But, in order to make a purchase from the Fitbit Store, you have to tap a button saying you agree to the terms. I understand that many of us don’t bother reading through the fine print, but Fitbit is pretty clear about taxes not being refundable. Sorry. Tap here to read more. Look under return policy. 

Shipping and handling charges, gift wrap fees, and taxes paid (such as state, customs, or VAT) are not refundable.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I pay state taxes on what I purchase and in EVERY instance taxes along with item purchased are refunded without question. Not a state thing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner - Yes I pay state taxes on what I purchase and in EVERY instance taxes along with item purchased are refunded without question. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This situation is so awkward, it doesn't make sense at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They have to pay you a refund, this is not normal. Why would you have to pay taxes for something which you don't even possess, this is absurd. In your place, I would contact a professional. I use the service of https://taxfyle.com/ to get my taxes done, maybe you can ask them for help, they know everything about taxes, a lot of experts working there. I am sure that they could give you any advice what to do in this situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes