Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run doesn't show total time on app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just moved from apple watch to versa. Did my first run with the versa this morning. When completed it gave me a breakdown of stats including total time. When I look at the app it shows the run and different stats it just doesn't show the total time.... Not sure why it wouldn't show this. Am I just not looking properly? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Dewk The total time is available in the app easily only if GPS is enabled and one can see map in the detailed view of the run. 

photo6278494506416449734.jpg

When GPS is not enabled (like in your case), one has to look at one of the charts in the detailed view, e.g. calorie burn chart) and the X axis where time resides (bottom right corner):

photo6280623023488870528.jpg

Special thanks to @Giampi71 for providing the screenshots! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@Dewk I am assuming you started the exercise manually and that you have connected GPS ON so that you can see the map of the route. If that's the case the first visible stats are distance, avg heart rate, pace and map I believe. Just tap on the exercise and it will take you to more detailed screen displaying large map above which you should have the total time.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke I started the exercise manually on my watch, but i did not have my phone with me for the run, so there was no GPS tracking. I still don't see why this would impact showing me my total time?

Best Answer

@Dewk I asked because it impacts the layout in the app, If there is map or not etc. Can you please post the screenshots of your workout both summary and detailed (after tapping and opening the workout)? Let's see.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke here are the screen shots. Screenshot_20190521_102418_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190521_102431_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dewk The total time is available in the app easily only if GPS is enabled and one can see map in the detailed view of the run. 

photo6278494506416449734.jpg

When GPS is not enabled (like in your case), one has to look at one of the charts in the detailed view, e.g. calorie burn chart) and the X axis where time resides (bottom right corner):

photo6280623023488870528.jpg

Special thanks to @Giampi71 for providing the screenshots! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, I really appreciate it. 

So basically I have to run with my phone every time if I want the total time to pull through.... really wish it would show it easily without running with my phone.

Best Answer

@Dewk Or you can just leave the phone at home and tap on the CALORIES tab in the exercise view and check the bottom right corner for time. I know it's poor solution but at least it's there. ;/

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke will do 🙂 thanks again for your help... any chance you would know why my fitbit isnt linking to strava or my fitness pal? I have linked them and they show on the apps, but no data pulls through.... sorry i have only ever had apple, fitbit and android are so new to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dewk There seems to be a glitch with the Strava app. I remember seeing multiple threads with users having to jump through hoops. It is important to remember that only GPS tracked exercise will get synced to Strava. You can start the exercise via exercise app on Versa e.g. running (tracked with GPS) and it should get synced to Strava. Alternatively, you can try starting the workout via Strava app, but I believe there have been lots of issues here. If you still cannot make both apps to cooperate, you might have to unlink both accounts (both from Fitbit site and Strava). Pretty much same goes for MFP. Try unlinking and re-linking.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke so it has been a while and I have been testing it out.

I am now on the verge of selling the fitbit and going back to apple....So I run with my phone now, but only once has it connected to the GPS, the rest of the time it just says connecting the whole time and no map pulls through.... and then when I check the time under calories or heart rate, the time is not right. The stats shown on the watch when you end an exercise are not the same in the app. And my exact time is important as I am training for something and I need it to be accurate. I now have to take a photo of the stats on my watch in order to get the correct information. This is super frustrating and something I should not have to do. I also do not get notifications on the watch... sometimes it works then it doesn't work for a while... then one message will come through then it stops working again. Starting to get really frustrated now 😞 

Best Answer