Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same data for consecutive days

On my Versa 2 the app has recently started shown the same data for consecutive days. Shows 7034 steps today, 7034 steps yesterday &  7035 steps Monday. The previous days are correct. If I close & restart app it sorts out, but after an hour or so problem back again.

On line chat support say restart app (which I’d told home I already had), resrtatt phone, turn off Bluetooth & repair, delete app & reinstall then setup again. Done all that but doesn’t fix.

Anyone else having the problem? Any suggestions?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Typo - 7034’each day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Oldchap - after you logout of the Fitbit App, did you also swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it before restarting the phone and the watch by holding the watch button for 10 seconds till it blanks or vibrates and wait for the logo to appear and for it to start.

Make sure you don't have any othe Fitbit App running on another device or any other watch in use at this time.

Also in the Fitbit App, device page (Connected to) make sure only your watch is connected to your account.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that. The problem is more an annoyance than a major issue as I can resolve temporarily.

If I close the app (swiping up) then reopen everything shows correctly, but after a while it goes back to the same data being shown for 3 days.

There are no apps or devices running, only the watch is connected.

I’ve tried:-

Unpairing Bluetooth

Restarting Fitbit

Restarting iphone

Removing app completely (and deleting all data)

Reinstalling app & setting up again

Seems I’m just going to have to put up with it

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ Thank you for your help. 

@Oldchap , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank  you for your message. 
It seems that  you might have MobileTrack on.

This feature uses the phone's sensors to count steps. This is for when you have left your Fitbit at home (e.g. while charging). Please make sure MobileTrack is not activated.
It may happen that the steps recorded with the cell phone overwrite those of the Versa 2 .

In the Fitbit app, tap the devices icon (top left corner).
There you will see the devices linked to your account.
If you see the Mobile Device Active option, tap it and remove it from the account.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well there was an update to the Fitbit app yesterday - and everything now works fine! 

Best Answer
0 Votes