Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen vertical lines and display dims

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since this morning the display of my versa ( bought one month back)is not working properly anymore. If I click a button it illuminates very slowly The screen is filled with vertical lines in an irregular pattern . It illuminates very slowly starting with more blueish colors and turning to more yellow colors before turning dark again. Here how it looks before turning dark. Can you help please? Thanks.

p.s: i tried several time reset but in vain!!

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

After realizing I was not the only one having this issue my next step was to call Fitbit support. The lady was very nice and the procedure for getting a replacement was quite easy! I am supposed to get a new one in a week by mail!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They were really good with mine previously so hope they will be with yours too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see a trend...happened to me starting today. Sent an email to support referencing this post.  I hope it gets fixed!  I would hate to start my fitness tracker research all over again, but if they don't, this will be my last Fitbit device.20190211_104243.jpg

20190211_135933.jpg

20190211_135910.jpg

Best Answer

I too have just had this happen to my Versa yesterday, screen has vertical lines then goes very dim, battery charge drains extremely quick as it a couple of hours maximum, it is only 3 months old. So very frustrating especially when you consider the cost. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think it’s a problem with this model that needs fixing. Having said that so far my replacement has been ok.
Reference battery that’s not good at all. Mine lasts usually 5-6 days. However I find when an update has been applied it can reduce battery life unless I switch it off and back on again.
Hope they resolve your issues.
You shouldn’t lose your history as it’s stored in the database/app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t received a reply from them as yet. Just very frustrating to purchase it, and not cheap either, to have it be effectively useless after less than 3 months. I never had a problem with any other Fitbit products. Previously I have owned the original Fitbit then the Charge 2 with no problems at all. So very annoyed 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hope they reply soon and you get a resolution.
Best Answer
Just call them straight! They were very efficient and they have sent me a replacement

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

CALL them.  Much better response!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called Cust Svc and they are sending me a replacement device after verifying mine was defective. Finger crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent a message and they asked me to do a battery test. Versa failed badly a full charged battery didn’t even last a day, and that was with all notifications turned off. Not good for a product that I’ve only had less than 3 months. Just waiting to hear back from them. Hoping they reply soon otherwise I just have a very expensive useless bracelet instead of what it’s advertised as 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh. I am also another customer with the same problem.  I have had my Versa for just over two months.  I had to jump through hoops with customer service, but they are also sending me a replacement device. I sincerely hope this isn't an ongoing issue with this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain. I too had to jump through hoops. Very very frustrating! But a replacement is on the way. Also hoping that it works as it should and doesn’t develop any problems. I also hope they replace it with the same colour as my original one cos I really don’t want to buy another replacement band as the silicone ones they come with give me a nasty rash!

heres hoping 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes
My replacement has been ok to date. I think they know what the problem is and have rectified in the replacement models hopefully.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was doing this yesterday and it died so I charged it to 100%- since then it has turned off and I can not get it to turn back on. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not but it did that to me after an update was applied. Try turning on again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue last night.. Mine is only one and half months old.. Display comes up and fading away with the vertical lines.. When I need to type my password there is no time as well as the display goes blurry and fade away..

I have sent and email to support and just waiting for reply for them.. As I read through this post it seems that the device is faulty and need to be replaced.. Hope they will come back to me soon on this....

By the way any one knows how to add a picture here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call them, it's faster. 

As for adding a pic, there's a camera icon right above the text box on my screen to add a pic.

Best Answer

I emailed them with my issues. Emails went back and forth , gave up in the end and rang. I suggest you call them as the response is much quicker. They ended up sending a replacement and to date that is working as it should

Best Answer

Thanks.  Fitbit has already contacted me.. Just following the process now..

Best Answer
0 Votes