Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen went black and wont turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit versa 2 has been slow changing screens and today synced for the last time and turned off.  No green indicator on the back.  Tried restart by holding all 3 buttons and not responsive.  Even held all 3 buttons for 3 mins.  Any advice or what i need to do to get working again.  I love my fitbit versa 2.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

My just turned off as well and I can't turn it back on or rest it.

Best Answer

As did mine today!

Best Answer
Trying to reach someone via chat - waiting

Thank you

Ann
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought a new charger, tried the reset. Still a black screen. Won’t turn on

Best Answer
Same here,  there is no contact number.  My green light just came on on the back.  Still blacked out screen

Sent from Rogers Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
I was able to chat with a rep and we went through everything with no success.

Thank you

Ann
Best Answer

Any word yet?

Best Answer
Nothing at all yet,  hoping to get it resolved soon.  Please fitbit,  its my only alarm clock.  Cant be late for work, lol.  

Best Answer

Soooooo, i cant turn off my alarms now.  So all of my alarms last night went off for my work schedule.  I cant find a way to turn them off cause my screen isnt working.  Helppppppp

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here,  my green light comes on on the back but the screen is black this happened during last night. 

Best Answer

Are they replacing it??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes as I have had it less than a year.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No replacement. First and last Fitbit for me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
So far no one contacted from fit bit.  Hoping for a discount code for a new one to replace this one.  
Help me fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Robert_anderson    How odd that this is happening to so many Versa 2 owners in a couple of days.  My watch was working fine during a workout earlier today and I noticed the heart rate monitor had stopped updating.  Then the screen went black and it is deader than a doornail.  No "reboot" or "reset" or anything... no green lights on the back.  It had almost a full charge according to the last sync before it shut down, but I have it on the charger anyway.   My iPhone Fitbit app keeps "searching" for my Versa 2.

This just makes me curious about what might have happened for many of us to experience this.  I'll be calling Fitbit tomorrow because my watch is only 6 months old and this is totally unacceptable. 

Oh... and I was going to ask which "3 buttons" you are holding down because the Versa 2 only has ONE button....???

Best Answer

They just keep emailing me links to try although nothing to do with the blank screen!

Best Answer

I too find this strange that all of a sudden there is a large group of us with Versa 2 and they quit working at the same time.  

Best Answer

It happened today on my Versa (original version).

It had 85% battery this morning. Somewhere around 4pm or so it gave me a buzz to say I had been active for 10 minutes. Didn't look at it again until about 6pm, and it was black. Lights on the back are off.

I've never had it spend 85% in a single day. I recharge once every 4 days normally. 

I put it in the charger, and it says 0% on the screen briefly.Left it on the charger for 2 hours, but it's still black. If I take it off, and then wait a bit and put it back on the charger, it says 0% again. So, not only is it not charging, but it also emptied suddenly. 

Best Answer

Their reply to me was it’s not covered under warranty, we’ll send you a code for a discount to buy a new one. 

It is no coincidence that so many peoples Fitbit went blank in the same time frame.  Sorry I don’t subscribe to planned obsolescence. 

Back to Apple Watch I go. 

Best Answer