Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTrack not detecting Walk and Run exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

According to settings, my Versa 3 should recognize if I walk / run after 10 minutes and automatically start the appropriate feature. That has never worked. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @nvc14 have you checked your settings? The default is 15 minutes. Tap your exercise tile, then the setting cog in the top right.

Best Answer

Hi @nvc14, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me share with you that most Fitbit devices automatically recognize and record high-movement activities through the SmartTrack feature. To start and just as @Rich_Laue mentioned, the default duration settings of your Versa 3 is 15 minutes long. However, you can also choose which activities your device tracks automatically, or change the amount of time needed to record the activity. For example, choose to turn off automatic tracking for a walk, or to record an outdoor bike ride after 5 minutes. To do so, please follow the next steps:

1. Tap the Today tab , then tap the Exercise tile.
  2. Tap the gear icon in the top right.
  3. Tap an exercise, and adjust the duration or turn off Auto-recognize.

Keep in mind that you can also use the Exercise app to start and stop a workout. For more information, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue, I did identical walk on mon & wed this week. It recognised Mondays walk but not Fridays. I know I can do it manually, but the data gained is different. The calories burned are vastly different. So I’m not happy to manually add it, I want Fitbit to automatically record it as it is intended to do. There have been no new updates to either Fitbit or iOS to explain it. So it’s simply not acceptable to suggest manually inputting the data. 
Also purchased luxe as it had O2 sats monitoring, yet we get no firm

communication on when this will be available. It seems Gitbit are very good at pushing new devices with features that aren’t actually available, and then feel after we have purchased there is no need to update. Very disappointed in Fitbit’s communication with customers re issues. I want an explanation and estimated date for when the issue will be resolved 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the verse 3 Is this problem still going on? I currently have a charge three and obviously the details in the workouts isn’t quite what it is with the versa. Is that what is causing this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is this issue ever fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes