Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snore feature appeared as available on Versa 2 but doesn't work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, while I was checking my sleep score as usual, I saw a new notification saying that snore and noise detection while asleep is now available. I saw that the feature was paywalled behind the premium subscription, so I started my 90-days trial only to make use of this new feature.

I checked that my microphone was activated before sleep, and in the morning got no result. I had to reinstall the app to see that the info from the new feature shows up in the Rest/Recovery tab, and it says “We couldn't collect enough data. Wear your Fitbit device while sleeping this evening and check again tomorrow morning.”

Can you confirm that this new feature is actually functional?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing your insights about this situation. Before anything else, let me clarify that the Snore and Noise detection feature is currently available only on the Versa 3 and Sense, as described in our help article.

I understand that you were able to see this feature available even though you're using a different Fitbit device. Because this shouldn't be happening, I've forwarded your posts to our team so they can be informed of this situation and make the proper correction on the Fitbit app. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed as it'll help us to improve our services, as well as prevent a similar experience from happening in the future.

See you around.

Best Answer

In the past when I want to check for snoring, I just put my iPhone on my nightstand and start a voice memo.  In the morning: stop it, open the memo, and then edit it.  You can preview the night from the bottom of the screen and manually scroll to listen.  It is pretty easy to know if you were snoring, when it occurred, and how bad the issue.  Here is a screenshot:

20210920_001523000_iOS.png

Best Answer

Well I also have the notification about snoring and ever since the battery is running low like crazy. I have Versa 2 and usally the baterry needed at least 8 days to be drained now after this notification showed up it seems like it lasted only 4 days.

Best Answer

I paid just to see this feature but it's not working on my versa 2. Not enough data try again 

Best Answer

@marasm57   You never should have received a message that you could use this feature.  The feature is only for the Versa 3 and Sense.  Fitbit made an error.  See @LizzyFitbit's post.  

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I also join premium for the snore feature.  2 days it told me not enough data. Try again. Now this morning no snore option..doesn't even show in app to turn off or on in sleep section 

Best Answer

Then why did it tell me it was available on my versa 2 ? Just to get me to subscribe to PREMIUM????

Not very happy feel I just got scammed. 

Best Answer

@marasm57   Fitbit didn't send tell you it was available to get you to join Premium.  Fitbit made an error.  Please contact Support for help getting a refund for your subscription.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to me. Yesterday I communicated with someone in the chat option and he told me to restart my watch, well that didn't do anything, except I no longer see any mention of the "snore detect" in the app. What the heck is going on? I also started the premium trial. If anyone is really interested in a snore detector, try the SnoreLab app, this one really works! There is also a free option or the Premium is only $6.99.

Please educate your people on the chat option as to this "error", I wasted quite a bit of time with one of them yesterday on this very subject..

Moderator Edit: Merged replies and personal info removed

Best Answer

I was on phone with fitbit for over 30 minutes..he finally told me after looking & putting me on hold didn't work on versa 2..they are sorry

Ask for refund they can't refund.  Going through Google for full refund. This doesn't set well with me.😠

Best Answer

I have a Versa 2 and had been using the Snore Detect Beta app. It was working perfectly up until 2 days ago. Now the snore detection information no longer exists under the Sleep tile.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the snore detection beta app and restarted my Versa 2 and the app is on. My Versa 2 firmware is also up to date. The problem still remains. What could have happened in the last two days to have removed the ability to use Snore detect Beta??

Best Answer

The Snore Report option popped up on my Versa 2 after the firmware update. I have a premium account. I activated and received 2 days of reports. Then day before and yesterday after activating each night. Nothing!!! Now the the 2 days of reports are gone

I was just thinking about getting an Apple Watch. The added snore report said nah you’ve loved your Fitbit for years. But with this debacle am headed to the Apple store. 😞

Best Answer

I just want to update. Fitbit Support told me that the Snore Detect Beta app which I was using on my Versa 2 and was functioning perfectly (Not the new snore and noise app that was recently made available to Sense and Versa 3 users ), was not meant to be working for Versa 2 users during this time.  Even though the app was working perfectly for me, it was basically a glitch that I was allowed and able to have the snore readings and data, and it should have never worked or been available to us. 😕 Hopefully Fitbit allows it's Versa 2 users to be able to also enjoy the snore and noise function, especially when we have premium. 

Best Answer

Me too!  Battery is exhausted in 2-3 days and there’s no sign of a snore report on or in my Fitbit. Only thing remaining is the app on the Versa 2 that does nothing

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback in this thread. Before anything else let me clarify that the Snore and Noise detection feature is available only for Sense and Versa 3 users who have a Premium subscription.

I see where you're coming from about this situation and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Let me share that our team has resolved this situation, meaning that this feature should no longer appear on the Fitbit app when using a Versa 2. Your patience and understanding are truly appreciated, and we'll keep working to improve our products, features and services.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesnt this kill the battery on the Iphone?  Or do you leave it plugged in every night?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be me.  Happened just as yours did & never got my snore data after setting up the trial.  What I want to know is, why the Versa 2 got the beta for this but not the actual feature?  If it can run the beta, it should be able to run the feature, so why exclude it from the release?  Or can I at least enable the beta?!  It appears in my app options but doesn’t seem to do anything either.  Lost faith in the Fitbit brand awhile ago & this isn’t helping mend my impression. 😡

Not just inconvenience, more like irritation, frustration, disappointment, & loss of faith/brand loyalty.  I feel misled, disrespected, & almost used.  Why shouldn’t we expect this feature to have come to the Versa 2 when we all knew you were using the Versa 2 to beta test the feature?  Can we at least have the beta?  It appears in my apps now but I haven’t been able to get any result through that either.

Moderator Edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

Thank you for asking this question.  I signed up for Premium because I saw the same notification.  If they don't make this detector available on the Versa 2, I will just cancel my Premium subscription.

Best Answer

@RickyBee looks like they merged my responses & took yours down again.  In any case, beta still gives no results even with turning it on manually.  On the other hand, the suggestion to try SnoreLab free version was spot on.  Downloaded it last night & worked like a charm!

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for sharing your through feedback. Our team worked on this situation and got it resolved so the Snore and Noise detection feature isn't available on the Fitbit app when using your Versa 2. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and please know your feedback won't go unnoticed as it'll help us to improve our features, and make Fitbit more useful for you.

I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have any other question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread to receive help from the Community. Note that you can always visit our Help Site where you can find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes