Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many problems with my Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have wanted a Fitbit Versa since it came out. I spent months trying to convince my husband that it would be a worthwhile purchase. I have had so many problems with my Fitbit versa that I wish I had never bought it. Here are a few issues that I have come across..

- My phone has not synced in almost 2 months. 

- Does not track my sleeping habits

- Can not get my notifications to work

- I tried to download two apps when I got the watch and they still haven't installed

- My phone does not "light up on its own" (Meaning, I will turn my wrist to try and see the time and nothing happens)

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have not been pleased with my purchase at all. There is a part of me that wishes I would have done more research on other fitness trackers. If anyone has any advice on how to fix any of the above issues, please let me know! I think the time has passed for me being able to return the watch. 

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

I have issues as well and mine died(blank screen of death)  after 6 months, I had to request a replacement.  Here's what worked for me when my fitbit would be quirky no HR, no syncing, couldn't download anything , etc. etc... etc.. A few things that you can try  that has worked for many on the forums. Thanks to whomever posted this I cant remember who.  My husbands versa wouldn't sync after the last update and  OPTION 2 restored it . He's one of lucky ones that's the only issue he has ever had. 

OPTION 1

1} turn it off and back on ... working  no try #2

OPTION 2

a. turn off bluetooth 

b. log out of  the fit bit app

c.clear fitbit cache in your  phone settings    not data just cache

d.force stop the fitbit app

e. restart phone

f. turn on bluetooth

g. log in to fitbit                                              

OPTION 3

***** LENGTHY LAST RESORT********* . maybe  trythis  after customer service tells you to so they will send you a replacement if it doesn't work. 

Factory reset which means going through that annoying 30 min setup

On your versa I don't have mine so I'm going by memory here... maybe someone can chime in

Swipe left to get to your apps

Select the about device option

Scroll down and you will see a Factory reset option

Hope one of these work for you. I am crossing my fingers for you. Holding out hope that we can all  love our fitbit versas again. 

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit versa and it died last Sunday! Have tried resetting it then it turn off and won’t turn back on I’ve tried looking up how to turn it back on pressing the bottom two buttons for 8 seconds and releasing it, charging it, disconnecting from my phone but nothing works it’s approximately 6 months old! 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can try!

Best Answer

If you have warranty left - I am guessing you do - contact support and get it replaced. 

Best Answer

The Versa is a rip off. 

Best Answer

Hi, I am currently speaking with customer service. I had an original Versa purchased at Best Buy, the steps would continue to count adding day after day instead of resetting to zero at midnight. I was given a replacement in August 2018. Today, April 24, 2019, the screen just died and tries to project some images which are red and white fading in and out. It will not hold a charge either. Mine lasted 8 months not 6. It was working fine the day before so I don't know what happened. I hope the Fitbit people read these messages.

Best Answer

@lisariddle529 - my first question is this - which phone do you have?  What is its OS version?  Before trouble shooting, we need to determine your phone is on the list of Supported Documents. If it’s not, that could be the cause of some of the issues. 

Best Answer

I agree with it all! My auto screen on has Never worked on my original, nor the replacement...

Best Answer
0 Votes

yep, if you search the forum you will find thread after therad about these issues.  

my one plus 5T phone was not supported and so the phone and the app would stop working together and thus the app would not synce with the watch,  tried all the solutions about switching it off etc etc but the only one that really worked was to delete the app from the phone,  reinstall the app and then it would synce again for 1-5 days and repeat.   I got a update for the phone and from that date i am only reinstalling the app about once a month, so much better.

Best Answer

Hi,
My phone is on the list: iPhone 6 with iOs 12.2 software
The screen died and someone else had the same problem. This is the second
Versa I've had because the first one malfunctioned too. Is there something
wrong with this device?

"Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking
our potential." Sir Winston Churchill

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they send you a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

i had problems syncing also. i restarted my phone and it work better

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes mine stop working got a replacement today.

its shipping out will be here 5 to 7 buisness days

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • My second Fitbit versa stop working within a year?? Last year the first one burned my pulse.so I got a new one 
  • Good organized.,but Now  the second one “ died” this week after 11 month??. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone I have a problem with my Fitbit Versa the laser doesn't work  What can I do ? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Daniela62 and welcome to the Forums. Can you please provide more details? What do you mean by the “laser?” What exactly is the problem you are seeing? I’d be happy to help if I can.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think there is definitely something wrong with the Versa. I'm on my 3rd/4th Versa now, been replaced repeatedly for problems that are down to software (Battery suddenly going from 4/5 days down to less than 20 hours, screen/watch dying and not coming back on again etc etc.) and in the last 2 weeks this last replacement has died too, battery went down to 2 days or less and now it's vibrating to say I have notifications and if I press certain buttons, it's syncing with my phone, tracking everything and telling me I have battery left on the watch but the screen is black as night and has been all day.

I've made so many complaints and there has to be something wrong with the watch itself but it's like they know but don't want to tell you, or they are in denial/not looking into it properly to try and fix it. Fed up of them throwing replacements at me every half a year or less!

Best Answer

They are worthless when you count the endless hours of calling, replacing, syncing. Horrible product and we should ALL be reimbursed or given a new-I proved device for all of the time, money and effort wasted. NOT A FAN ANY LONGER.

Best Answer

With my use to be loved and now non responding and completly dead battery I called "customer support" at Fitbit.

Besides cimetly 2 different options from 2 agents - the only "help" I've got is a "promotion" (?) to buy another one (not the new model) for 25 % off.

Knowing the problems with the battery me and a LOT of people have -why would I spend another $100 + for the product with issues?

Pre-ordered Samsung Galaxy Active Watch 2 with the hope that Samsung will have better support if issue will raise.

By by Fitbit.

Former Loyal Fitbit Customer.

Best Answer

I've had problems with my Fitbit Versa buttons not working properly; but charging my Versa using the original Fitbit charger exclusively seems to have solved the problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes