Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps from driving not clearing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have always use DriveBit to start/stop a drive activity and up until today it has worked perfectly. Today I put my Versa on charge while driving my lorry and watched as the vibration racked up over 8000 phantom steps in an hour and a half. Didn't worry me, as I could clear them later .I stop driving, stop DriveBit, and all works as normal except that the steps gained did not get cleared off. I deleted the activity and entered a manual driving entry in the Fitbit app itself .Still didn't clear the steps.

Does anyone know if this is a problem (another problem I mean) at Fitbit's end, or a problem with steps accrued while on charge? My Blaze seemed to know that if it was on charge it shouldn't record steps and at most I'd have maybe 50 ghost steps to clear off after a drive.

If something has changed and they no longer clear the steps off gained in driving then Fitbit is no use to me. I drive over 8 hours a day. I have a lot of fake steps to cancel out.

Any thoughts welcome

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Forgot to mention, there's also 251 floors to wipe off too

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted a thread about this same issue. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Step-Sensitivity/m-p/2656163#M7288

So so seems like it’s common 😞 

But I have never heard of this app Drivebit. I’m going to give it a try. Do you use the free or paid version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cactusjack wrote:

I posted a thread about this same issue. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Step-Sensitivity/m-p/2656163#M7288

So so seems like it’s common 😞 

But I have never heard of this app Drivebit. I’m going to give it a try. Do you use the free or paid version?

I'm on Android and it's donationware. I think it's an old app that separated at some point from the iOS version. It's not been updated for a while. If In Android there's also TravelBit .

You can also log driving in the activities area of the Fitbit app. Just add a manual activity and select driving.

Normally both of these methods clear off all steps but for some reason today's haven't cleared. Now, I have realised that my Fitbit app updated while my Versa was charging .whether that confused things a bit I don't know. It's been fine since. Just don't want this issue every time it's charging while I'm driving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I grabbed the app from the iOS store (free version) and tried it today. Seems to work ok but will keep an eye on it. I had no idea you could manually add a Drive to your activities. Thats really good to know. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my versa 2 days and noticed this issue today as I drive a lot too. Clocked over 10,000 steps but in reality I probably did around 1500-2000! Tried to add a driving log on the app but it did not clear any of the steps from the log!! Cannot believe this is such a big issue for Fitbit! Surely they should have sorted this error before it’s release

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, new to this getting healthy thing.  What is drive?  Are you saying you are gaining steps while driving a car???

Best Answer
0 Votes