Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync and notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 will not receive notifications and the sync does not always work, takes days to register exercise etc. I have a message that says notifications disabled, restart phone to enable. I do this and the message is still there. Only way to get it to work is to delete app and reinstall, notifications will come through for maybe an hour and then stop working again. Have had fitbit since June but this probably started quite soon after having it. This was the reason I bought the fitbit because my Versa had started doing it too so I upgraded to versa 2. Really disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @EllenDav - Sorry to hear about your issues. Please check this page to determine

• if your phone is on the list of supported devices,
  • if your phone’s OS is at or above the recommended versions 

Let us know the answers. At that point, I’d be happy to help you troubleshoot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have checked that my phone is compatible. I have restarted my phone and fitbit, have deleted the app and reinstalled, have made sure that do not disturb is not on and still no notifications. I had the fitbit in May and notifications worked at first but this has been an issue for some time now. I am thinking of getting rid of my fitbit and changing to another smart watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues with mine. I have had the Alta for a few years and was working ok until about the last year or so. Just got a Versa 2 and still having these issues. I'm thinking it may be my phone (Huawei P30). It says it's compatible, but I may have to get a new phone. I will be watching to see if you get it resolved. Please respond if you do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same phone but previously had a Samsung s9 and it was happening with that too! My brother has the Iconic and has had the same issues! I will keep you updated if I get any answers! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried it on my son's Samsung A70 and works perfectly 🙄 looks like I need a new phone

Best Answer

My versa 2 syncs randomly.  When I try to connect via Bluetooth versa 2 is showing but it comes up pairing rejected by versa 2.  I have a Samsung s6.  I figured with covid disruption there may be glitches so have been patient. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is some general info from the Fitbit Help section:

Best Answer
0 Votes