Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting with a Fitbit Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have a Fitbit Versa 2 that I would like to use to text. I don't have a phone, but I have an Apple Ipad that I use to run my Fitbit. I have had my Versa 2 for quite a while now. My question is, how can I text or receive text notifications with my Versa 2 without using a phone? Is there any app that is compatible with both my Versa 2 and my Apple Ipad?

Thanks, OliveLove

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry @OliveLove, but because you have an iPad (Apple product), texting is not available.  It's not available to any Apple users at this time.  However, you can still receive notifications of a text.  Go into your Fitbit app and tap your picture.  You should see a picture of your Versa 2.  Tap it and you will be taken to the Device Settings.  From there, select "Notifications" and then "Text Notifications".  Find your iPad and select it.  From there, sync your Versa 2 and you should be all set.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

At least with Android you can use Messenger to get text notifications. In the Fitbit app (Android anyway, may be the same for iPhone) tap your profile icon at the top left of the Dashboard, then tap on your Versa 2, then tap Notifications (under General), then Text Messages. If you have Messenger installed you should be able to select it as Default Messaging App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry @OliveLove, but because you have an iPad (Apple product), texting is not available.  It's not available to any Apple users at this time.  However, you can still receive notifications of a text.  Go into your Fitbit app and tap your picture.  You should see a picture of your Versa 2.  Tap it and you will be taken to the Device Settings.  From there, select "Notifications" and then "Text Notifications".  Find your iPad and select it.  From there, sync your Versa 2 and you should be all set.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes