Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer music to versa takes a long time.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi anyone could help. I having issue transfer music to my versa, it took very long time and it will keep struck at transferring the music at some point in time. How to solve the issue? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

happened to me on my mac as well. I still have 35 or forty songs left to transfer. it's very slow going. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

its 4:45 in the morning, I figured this would take 30 or 40mins to transfer, I started at 11pm. I still have 26 songs left to transfer with an estimated time of 3hrs left to do that. I suppose I should go to my mac settings so it doesn't go to sleep and stop the transfer. because I need to sleep and I won't be wearing the versa tonight to track my sleep. too worried it will screw up my transfer. 

I had 161 songs queued on the transfer list, 15:20mins of music. so maybe in hindsight I should have done it in smaller transfers, however I didn't think it would be this slow. 

what would be cool is if you could remove tracks that haven't yet started. I would have removed alot of the music once finding its transfer rate. it would be a nice feature if we could edit the list once its commenced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @stevemontg Welcome to the forum. Something I found that helped with my music transfer was look at my WiFi priority settings and make sure my Versa had top priority. If you have a lot of devices connected to your WiFi and your Versa is low on the priority list you are not getting a good bandwidth to transfer data. I'm not sure if this is the case for you, but it did help me. Best of luck!

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Agreed, I've been trying to load a playlist for hours now. It says I can load up to 300 songs but only half of my playlist has transferred and it still says 5 hrs estimated time remaining. Super unimpressed & frustrated with big promises and weak delivery 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

While informative, that post seems to have a ridiculous amount of hoops to jump through. Software stands for some improvement 😕 Restart all devices before beginning transfer? Really? Small playlists? What if I only want one playlist with all 300 songs? Disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bella425 thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and I would like to thank you for your feedback. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. I understand it might be frustrating to transfer a large playlist but if at any point the transfer didn't finish and you tried to transfer the music again unsuccessfully, please let us know so we can check this further. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
stop sending these messages they are not useful for me as i no longer have
a fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes
It loaded about halfway and then the estimated time to transfer kept
increasing (up to 5 hours plus.) It was taking each song up to 3 minutes to
load. I did finally have to break up the playlist into smaller playlists of
about 25 songs which worked, but I wasn't delighted with the user
experience. There was nothing up front to indicate that the fitbit would
not be able to load large playlists. All the instructions said were that
the fitbit could hold up to 300 songs. Better instructions (like small
playlists) and software capabilities (to load a large playlist) definitely
could have improved the experience... this honestly felt a bit like a case
of overpromise and underdeliver.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Being able to store music on my verse was one of the main reasons why I purchased it. I since switched over to the Apple watch and am very happy. Unfortunately fitbit lost a customer I don’t see myself going back
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit why are you garbage posting like this? Help people. The transfer rate is slow regardless of the users set up. That is obvious. You should admit there is a problem with the hardware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wifi priority settings....do you even know what you are talking about? if this was even a useful answer, maybe you should provide step on how to accomplish this. this is not a useful answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Versa 2 yesterday and Was so excited but I'm going through the same thing.  This is excruciatingly slow.  I'm hoping my phone can stay charged long enough to at least get 1 album done.  Please fix this.  Thank you.

Best Answer

Why not just simplify the process?  Transferring music to any device should never be this complicated.  As innovative as Fitbit is, the process to transfer music is anything but, and is a real disappointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes