Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Versa on holiday

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone, 

Just got my Versa, I was just wondering if it will be on to take to Tenerife... we do alot of walking and I will be in the pool - I want to count the exercise I will do but I was wondering about max working temps. Will the versa be ok in 30+ Cel?? 

Also for security is it best to take it off as you go through the scanners? I’m presuming theres no reason I can’t wear it on the plane?

Perhaps a silly Q so thank you for answering!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Linzi89   The Versa specs give a maximum operating temperature of 140 F  = 60 C.  You're good.  I have USA TSA Pre check, so I don't have to take it off to go through scanners.  No problems.  You can wear it on the plane.  You won't be able to sync with your phone in airplane mode.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi! I recently got a Versa. I live in Qatar and I while I haven't been working out outdoors since I got the Versa (it's too hot), none of my Fitbits have ever overheated previously. I think you'll overheat before your device does. 

For security, I asked if I should take it off in Canada and they said "It's up to you." I didn't ask in Heathrow, and they didn't have a problem with it. If you're worried you might have to take it off, and don't want to get it stolen, just tuck it in your carry on when you get to security, but if they didn't mind at Heathrow, I think it's OK. 

I'm going to Tokyo myself next week, and can't wait to get a zillion steps every day! Bon voyage!

Best Answer

@Linzi89   The Versa specs give a maximum operating temperature of 140 F  = 60 C.  You're good.  I have USA TSA Pre check, so I don't have to take it off to go through scanners.  No problems.  You can wear it on the plane.  You won't be able to sync with your phone in airplane mode.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Fab! Thank you! Have a wonderful trip 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the info! Much appreciated! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes