Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350
Yes. After (4) reps trying the “reset/reboot/reload” (same script every time), followed by “let me check/put on hold/working on a fix” (same script), I was told I’d receive a replacement. After that, no followup, no confirmation email, no calls returned. However, it arrived in 2 months. The Watch only (scratched), no wrapping, literally thrown into a bubble mailer, nothing to protect it, no paperwork, no return.address label.

SARA E.
Best Answer

So my 3 month old Versa 2 running 32.70.7.14 is having the same random reboot issue and battery drain issue as the rest of the folks posting here... Is it faulty hardware or the firmware update?  

How and when will this be fixed (and yes, I know we're all sheltering in place, but your support techs should be working from home) What's up? I'd love it if a support person emailed me and had a fix (new watch or updated firmware).

Thanks

Best Answer
I get the script part and went through that as well during the first week.
They ultimately agreed I had tried everything and it was still under
warranty. They sent a return label and I returned the bad Fitbit. No
issues with that. I was told 5 to 10 days to get a new one sent to me.
This has been almost 5 weeks now.

At this point, I'm just waiting but getting impatient.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no choice but to keep trying!  Thanks for the reply and message of slight hope...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last update my Versa will not hold a charge. It shows 100% charge and then when I turn it off at night to save battery it will not power back up and shows 0% charge. It is only 1year old, I am very frustrated, it worked fine before. I am a flight attendant and usually leave my charger at home because if I was only gone for 3 days it always had still 50% or so charge when I got home and now the 1st day it is at 0% and will not even turn on. I need a working watch as part of my uniform. I find it suspicious that it does this a month after the warranty is up. What can I do to fix this issue?

Best Answer

I got a replacement. They seemed to enter an order at the time I got a notice that they had received my return (which took a week and a half).. They sent it by FedEx/USPS, and it took almost a week to get to me. Check back with them if they told you they received your return.

Best Answer
I have not returned it. I purchased it in Feb.2019
I guess my warranty is up. Have not been able to get in touch with them.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, the only way I can access this page is by going back to yesterday’s posts. I received several replies today and when I click a page comes up that says “access denied, you do not have permission to access this page”.  Both of the replies today mentioned the FTC... 

maybe we got their attention. I hope so, because we really should have a product that works. We paid for it and it was costly. Be well and stay healthy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I moved on to a Garmin Venu.

Done with Fitbit and the lack of interest of them in the customers and the trouble they are having with the hard and software.

Its so nice to have a working watch and it is even better than Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When is the next firmware update to fix the things broken in the last update?

Best Answer
The next update will only make your watch useless. Good luck! Just try ask for replacement and do not update it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fully charged Versa 2, won't respond to the left button, will sync, but won't update or anything especially tell time which is why I bought it.  For what I paid for this, I'm not happy with it.  I've spent hours on the computer troubleshooting with no help at all.  There are messages that come up unrelated to any of my previous uses.  I've had it for 3 months as a gift and would return it if I could. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Couldn't update it , couldn't reset it, turn it off, though fully charged the fitbit is still not responding

Best Answer

I have had the Exact same issues.  I can’t find any mention of this except you, a few others & me.  My watch is only a couple months old too.  This is not good & I hope a moderator has an excuse.

Best Answer

I think I'm going to move on from Fitbit as well.  If the replacement ever shows up I'll give it to one of the kids.  I'll take a look at the Garmin Venu.

Best Answer

I just purchased my Versa 2 and started using it yesterday, will it still take a few days? I've tried restarting the device and it hasn't prompted me yet. My current firmware version says 35.68.9.15. Some apps are not available to me as they require the most recent update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you did read this topic you would never update. Updating will make your versa useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too, I paid a lot for this Fitbit because I liked my old one this one is useless. Toothman10

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello , do you have any idea why my versa 2 right after update . I can't power on the de ice ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel bad that others have an expensive brick on their wrist. 

I have a clock face that is easy to read in strong sunshine, without glasses, and that shows day of the week, date, time with seconds, heart rate, and steps. Only used now for the time (duh) and setting my morning alarms. No notifications, no Alexa. Perhaps my simple usage accounts for normal battery life and no self restarts.

Unfortunately,  ever since the firmware update, the heart rate monitor is useless. A random number generator. So I bought a Polar OH1 heart rate reader (not a watch) a few weeks ago and it is wonderful. Fantastic software  and great reports. A bit of a learning code and the charger is dinky but overall perfect for those who are serious about working out.

The first few days I wore both the Polar and the Fitbit: a spread of anywhere between 20 to 70 bpm. Yes, SEVENTY! The Polar just makes sense. 

Now I wear the Polar only when I workout and the Versa 2 for the rest of the time. If I glance at my Versa 2 during the day and it shows a weird heart rate, I just do a 'manual' check of my pulse.

The heart rate monitor with the previous firmware was OK. The new firmware is useless for that function. Again, my sympathy for those that now have bricks.

Best Answer
0 Votes