Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350

No I am up to date, we on the CC have already discussed this article, which was released a few days after the offer was made. 

Here is the latest on blog.fitbit I think Fitbit will know 

But if this is not enough, the following is all published after your link. 

Please read them, they have insight on the con earns of several organizations and governments. 

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/02/10/google-buying-fitbit-is-not-a-done-deal-in-2020.aspx

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/11/26/will-google-really-buy-fitbit-in-2020.aspx

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateoflahertyuk/2020/02/21/googles-2-billion-fitbit-deal-time-to-quit-y...

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far i read it it's a accepted deal. They only have to sign the paperwork. 

They will do so this year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Phone is IPhone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem which began after the March, 2020 update. Nothing works on my versa now and is completely dead. Have Been on email with techs, no fix and no offer to replace just a 25% discount on a new one. What a scam! Worked perfectly before the March update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa is 25 mo old and issues started after the March, 2020 update. Techs tried helping to fix but versa is now completely dead and my yr warranty is up so no replacement and only a 25% discount replacement.

Something went wrong during the March update and they won't take responsibility.

Best Answer

All the trouble started after the March 2020 update and now my versa is dead also even with a full charge. Fitbit takes no responsibility and My 15 mo old Versa watch is useless, no replacement but iffered a 25% on a new one, NOT happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After having issues for a month or two, and a new one developing yesterday, I finally chatted with support. They have shipped me a new one. You may try chatting to see if you have better luck. They make you go through some troubleshooting items, and they look at the activity sync. It will help them determine if you have a defective item. It seems from what I’ve read through the forum, that those of us that purchased it when it first came out are having the most problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have a Versa or versa 2? Because you’re in the versa 2 forum, so you could be confusing people that have a new device when yours is 2 years old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was on with support for 3 days with no resolve. Because my Versa was 15 months old they would not replace but would give me a 25% discount on a new one. Not taking the offer and will look for a company that stands behind their products. I wish they would have gone back to their March update and fixed the Bloch that sent many into problems with their Fitbits.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
It turns out it didn't matter which one as the update caused the problems.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

It does matter because 1) it may actually be defective and not an update issue, and 2) you’re inundating people in a versa 2 forum when you have a versa. You should be posting in the appropriate forum. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t_carlile_ their isn't a specific Charge 2 Board, the Versa board covers all three Versa models. 

It is true that this thread is about the Versa 2 and probably has been him act 12 or more times through the 15 pages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a Versa forum, not specifically for the Versa 2. Yes this particular thread is for the Versa 2 firmware update. However, the Versa 1 firmware thread got closed by moderators with over 600 replies with the claim that most users have "successfully" updated to the new firmware, despite the fact that the entire thread was people saying their Fitbit was broken by the update. You can understand why Versa 1 owners may be a little disgruntled, and since this is a firmware thread it seems logical to post here.

Best Answer

I resolved my issue, so you guys keep arguing about it ✌️

Best Answer
0 Votes

The moderators, only will lock comments in the gesture suggestion board, and then usually because the comments are rude, obnoxious or off subject. 

Can you point to the thread on the Versa Board? I probably would have started a new thread 

Best Answer
0 Votes

based on what I am reading on this thread, the same issues that effected the Ionic are now being seen with this update for the Versa 2.  I don’t want another dead Fitbit after all I just got mine at the end of December.  By the sounds of it best bet is to not download the update..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know if the comment about pointing to to the Versa board was aimed at me, it's difficult to tell (again though I'll point out there are no Versa and Versa 2 boards, there is just this board, for Versa Series).  Anyway, here's the link to the firmware update thread about the Versa series and it has been closed to new comments claiming most users "successfully updating" to the new firmware, and telling users to start a new thread or find a related topic, which this topic is. That thread was full of sync, boot, failure to start, etc. type issues and now it looks like the Versa 2 is going the same way. It seems that at a certain point they just do not want to know that their software is bricking devices and it seems will just refuse point blank to issue a patched firmware. I will not update my Fitbit until they fix the firmware release and state it has fixed any issues people were having. I just wish I could tell the app to stop nagging me about a firmware update.

Link to Versa 1 Update thread 

Best Answer

@GrumpyCyclist 

I also didn't update my original Versa to the update that caused all the issues that you mentioned in your post.   You would think there would have been an update to fix the major bugs from that update or better yet pull it out of circulation.  Yet 4 months and still nothing.

After reading post after post on the thread for that firmware, I opted not to update.  My Versa works just fine and I'm not missing out on the so call enhancements.  

There's also a separate thread for the Versa Lite with users experiencing the same issues as what happened with the original Versa.

I also wish there was a way to turn off the annoying reminder to update.  But I'll deal with dismissing the reminder over doing the update and having any of the multitude of issues users experienced.

Best Answer
0 Votes
👍

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes