Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 Face fell off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see from others,  that this has occurred. I am very disappointed in Fitbit with their standard answer of 25% off, or 40% off a few limited choices...ones that I suspect haven't sold. Before I could reply more on the live chat ended. I have been with fitbit for more than 5 years and this is my third one. I guess my last.

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

I am skeptical about purchasing another versa or versa 2. I purchased my versa in Nov 2018 and fitbit replaced it I believe in June 2109 because the screen popped off. Now the screen on the replacement has popped off. Started coming loose in January but I've been really careful with it. I do not shower or sleep with it on and now I am out of the warranty period. Fitbit did offer me a discount to purchase a new one. I am worried they have not fixed this issue and even with the discount its a lot of money to chance buying another one for the same thing to happen again. I really like my fitbit but i may have to look else where for a smart watch. Any input is welcomed.

Best Answer

This is extremely unusual and for it to happen to you twice with 2 different trackers makes me think there is some other external situation causing this. I can't even guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean the face fell off?

Best Answer

I have not slept or showered with it at all...no scratches on the screens either. I take care of the things I buy.

Best Answer

This just happened to mine this morning. I have had it for about 15 months. No problems whatsoever until today. Came on here looking to see if it is a common problem with other Fitbit users. 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the rose gold one.. I am wonder also could it be just the special edition ones?

Best Answer
I love my Fitbit- but every two years I am purchasing a new watch! Getting frustrated with spending money on it. There is no indication that they have solved the issue... can’t say I am going to buy another

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The screen is literally not attached to the base of the watch anymore. It's hanging on by the insides. Whatever fitbit uses to adhere their screens just isn't lasting.

Best Answer

Mine is also the special edition versa 2- but the grey one

Best Answer

I have the original Versa. Bought in June or July 2018 .... My FIRST warranty replacement was December 2018; face detached from frame (glue issue?). My SECOND warranty replacement was July 2019; face detached & got hot while charging too (glue issue again?) ... and now my THIRD one (the one from July 19) ... well, that face detached too. Now when I try to ask them to warranty THAT one they only offer 25% discount on new one. They say the warranty does not reset ... but considering it's the SAME problem every time, I don't know why they wouldn't! .... It seems they have a 6-month shelf life for the face to stay put on the frame. After that, donesky! And now I'm stuck having to buy a new one. ... I only want the Versa (the Ionic doesn't offer me what I want) and since Versa regular isn't available, only light or 2, I'm going towards Versa 2 - but it appears they are having the SAME problems still! ... Mind you, I'm not THAT active and don't shower with it on. I have swam with all of them but it seems very shortly after I swim is when all the problems showcase making me think they are not having the appropriate bonding substance to keep the pieces together. I don't have the money to keep replacing a $2-300 watch every year! ... this is ridiculous! 

Anyone have any suggestions for other than Fitbit? 

Best Answer
This is exactly what has happened to me with 2 of them and they only
offered a 25% off. I have decided to go with an apple watch.
Best Answer

I experienced the same problem, 3 months after 1 year warranty expired. Was offered 25% discount off purchase of new watch. Since this is a very well know problem on Versa models, one would think they would offer 50% discount in hopes to retain customers. I'm gonna spend a little more money and buy a Samsung

Best Answer

This just happened to mine too.  I have a rose gold one also.  I’ve had it 13 months exactly.  Never had a problem with it, then all of a sudden face pops off.  Ridiculous. 

Best Answer

No mine fell off yesterday when I was swimming never showered with it on well I got done the face just came off had the problem with the same thing last year. I suggest that you don't buy from Fitbit anymore and buy something else from a better tracker.

Best Answer

I have the same issue this is my 3rd fitbit the first 2 stopped charging, I received a replacement for the 2nd one which is also a Versa in May 2020 now the face is falling off the replacement and all they want to give me is 35% discount to purchase another one. I think I'm done with this product they don't even last a year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done the exact same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sujest getting a garmin smart watch they are better they are not touch screen which I think is better. I work in a dish room and my garmin has been doing great

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes