Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 Smim App Going Backwards

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa broke and I replaced it with a Versa 2 thinking for sure that Fitbit improved their Swim App, but they didn't in fact instead of keeping the stats that the original Versa offered they removed all but the stopwatch like time and the time of day. The settings only allow you to put in the length of the pool. They removed the most important stat, for me, counting the lengths I swim. I read another person who looked up the directions on fitbit.com and the direction told him that he still had the ability to turn on lengths, but as mentioned by him and me there is actually only one option, the length of the pool. 

Could I please ask those who work for fitbit why this change was made? It does not make sense to me.

So fitbit can you fix it by a firmware update and give back to the faithful Versa uses the stats they need. 🤔

Right now I am discouraged ☹️ and looking for a solution. Can you help 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @JRW I agree that it was a backwards step.  Unfortunately though, it cant be fixed by an update as something was left out of the V2 which means it is no longer able to count the laps for you (I cant remember what was left out but to my mind it was a poor decision) ☹

My 'solution' if you can call it that, is that I have atarted swimming in the ocean so I wouldnt be using a lap count anyway. When I was pool swimming, though, I relied on the lap count to tell me where I was in my swim.  I was very disappointed in this feature of the V2, though love the watch over all.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate your contact, but not happy with the decision.  If I would have known this change in the swim app I may have found a watch that does. 

This was not the only complaint about the counter and swim stats. There is a bunch of Versa users I found in the community with many complaints.  With all the complaints and Fit-bits competition, it does not make sense, from the marketing perspective that they would make such a decision. It will cost them sales.

Fitbit needs to come up with Versa 3 call it an exercise watch with heavy stats for all the exercises apps. I believe Fitbit will have increase sales in selling watches and keeping customers. Another idea have a custom watch where the user can pick the apps and the type of stats they want to see on there watch.

I like the versa 2 too so far. The versa I had for 4 or 5 years, it worked flawlessly, but when it broke I decided to purchase the Versa two. I was excited I thought this should be an improvement over the original Versa exercises apps, but it wasn't. I was disappointed.

I can see most of the stats on my phone or the Fitbit website. But the lap counter was what I really miss. Last year I swam 170 miles during the summer.  I would swim 130 lengths (2 miles) at one time so the lap counter really helps keep your count on track. I am 73 and have 'ADD' so the counter is really helpful. Because of COVID I have not been able to swim much this year. But will in the future.

I believe the Fitbit engineers don't exercise else they would make sure the smart watches would have the important stats & a counter. ;=)

Does the Ionic have a swim app? If so does it count lengths?
When you find out the real reason will you share it with me?

Thanks again for your reply to me.Joe Wojtyna
Best Answer
0 Votes

If all the stats are on line obviously the watch has to be counting some metric in order to display the stats on line. If this true why not display the lengths on the watch, the information is there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand what you are saying, but the watch only has the raw data which needs to be analised in the app to generate number of laps. Dont ask me how this happens - I have no idea lol. 

The 'thing' I mentioned that is missing from the Versa 2 is a gyroscope. The good news is that the new Smart Watches (coming soon) - the Sense and tje Versa 3 - DO both have a gyroscope, so presumably will count laps on the wrist.  But having just bought a Versa 2 I dont suppose you are too keen on buying  one of them right now.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes