Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 - Transcript error when using voice replies

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received the text to upgrade my Versa 2 this morning which I did and it was successful.  Since then when I get a text I cannot respond on my watch - I get the red error - I rebooted my phone and my Fitbit a couple of times and it still doesn't work

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm glad to announce that this issue has been resolved! Please try using the voice replies on your Versa 2 and let us know how it goes. You can always check this help article for instructions on how to use this feature.

Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated, and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Must be a system problem- I did a chat with Fitbit and they couldn't fix it so will be referringme up the chain - I also talked to a friend of mine who has a Versa 2 and since the upgrade this moring she can't reply either - Hopefully they will fix it soon

Best Answer

I just upgraded my Verse 2 and now texts won’t show up. Reset iPhone settings and powered off watch and waited awhile before restarting. Still no notifications 

Best Answer

Ever since I updated my Versa 2 this morning, March 31, 2022, the voice reply for texting hasn't worked. I contacted customer support and they did not understand me. They kept telling me how to get Alexa to work. Then they insisted that I have an Apple phone. I have a Samsung S10. I've never had an iPhone. I did everything possible as far as troubleshooting. No help and still insisting that I have a second Versa 2 that has been synced to an iPhone. I know it's because of the update, so on top of this person not understanding anything I was saying, I was told I have a defective Fitbit and tough luck. I KNOW it's the update. Too coincidental.

Has anyone else run into a problem since this latest update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Violyn  you have a Versa 2 on your Samsung S10? From your old posts, you have had a Charge 3, Versa 2 and a Sense. You update your app to the most recent version?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new problem with the Versa 2 monitor, when trying to reply to a message the microphone picked up the audio of my voice but immediately showed the message "transcription error", and every time I retry again and again, it shows me the same message. I have already tried restarting the app, synchronizing the devices, restarting the monitor and even doing a factory reset, but still the same problem. how can i solve that?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue and I have tried all of the same things you have, even contacted someone at Fitbit and they told me to try and log out of my fitbit app and log back in but it did not work. This function was working perfectly fine this morning and then all of a sudden this afternoon it quit working giving me the same message "transcription error" 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Versa 2 will not allow me to reply to texts via voice message, it just stopped 

Just says Transcripton error ×2

Then unavailable 

I don't know if this is anything to do with the update I had just a couple of days ago

Regards Sandra Hughes 

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports and feedback, as well as the steps tried on your own. Let me share that our team is aware of this situation and they're working to get this fixed soon. Your patience is truly appreciated and rest assured I'll keep them informed of the impact to you and other members. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. By the way, I've moved some of your posts to keep the forums organized.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi there,

After update, I’m now able to get texts but they time out and hide very fast. Is there a way to increase that? I feel the watch vibrate and when I look, the text is gone.

Marcus P

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me since i upgraded. I have restarted the fitbit. The app. Reinstalled the app and even did a factory reset and re added my versa with atill no resolution. Guessing its a fitbit error/issue and it will be fixed soon. Every update there is some issue. 

Best Answer

Am having this Transcript error problem too since the upgrade. Contacted the customer services and they replied they can't solve the issue yet. So disappointed. 

Best Answer

yep it  is due to the update - happened to me - It appears now that Fitbit is aware of the issue and trying to fix

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with the texting from the watch but am also having issues with it holding a charge. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm glad to announce that this issue has been resolved! Please try using the voice replies on your Versa 2 and let us know how it goes. You can always check this help article for instructions on how to use this feature.

Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated, and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer

I have this problem too. Yesterday everything was fine but today it isn't. I have oneplus 8 pro with Android 12. I tried to delete fitbit app from phone, unpair it with sense, clear memory, grant every permission I was asked. I did factory reset. On watch everything is as it was earlier when quick reply and voice reply were working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

This issue has NOT been fixed! I have had 2 help tickets with NO resolve! I bought this watch for this specific feature and I am afraid to even think about getting another fitibit now. This is my second Versa 2 that has done this after a firmware update. Please get this issue resolved now or I will unfortunately have to leave fitbit.

Best Answer

Yes!! Since I did the upgrade my device will not swipe. Tried everything they say to do and it still won’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

now fix the problem I am having!! My device won’t swipe. I tried the suggestion of placing it on the charger and pressing the button 3 times. my charger which came with my device has NO button!!! Now what???

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Irupham53  did you get the charger from Fitbit directly? If so, let customer service know. You can also purchase an authentic charger from them. click to see charger

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes