Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 and Fitbit app not responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday my Versa 2 stopped responding to my touch at all. Now, the Fitbit app won’t open. After I click on it, it just starts to open, but then shuts down.  Anyone know what’s going on?

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I am having the same issue and it's very irritating.  It started a few days ago and it's first saying that it can't pair my device even though my phone says it's paired.  Then, this morning it's the same thing that you described.  The app starts to open and completely shuts down.  So frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like it’s widespread. When my Versa 2 watch stopped responding to my touch, I thought maybe the company was having financial issues and is purposely making problems so we buy a new Versa!  I must watch too many crime programs on TV !!  Good luck!  I hope you get up and running soon!

Best Answer

Same as mine- the app is up and running now- but my watch wont respond.... did you get any solution??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone and he had me change my face clock to the Fitbit clock, and that didn’t work so then he had me sync it, but that didn’t work so he said that there’s nothing else to do and somebody will be contacting me about it. I am sure that somethings going on internally with Fitbit that is affecting our watches, because how is it that so many people had issues all of a sudden and now there’s nothing they can do to fix it?!!  They must want us to buy a new watch so they can make money!  I’m not sure what I’m going to do. It’s irritating that all of a sudden it does that? Did you get yours fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 is not synchronizing with my Galaxy. I turned off the phone and the watch multiple times deleted an add the app again .... nothing ! still not working... I am guessing this have something to do with the company to be now manage by Google, just a guess! not happy about the service right now Google....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had exact same story and conversations today, but nobody got in touch. My watch has fully shut down now - just showing the logo. I’m going to move to Apple - that’s jus not good enough for me !

Best Answer
0 Votes

On average the Versa lasts 1 year. Apple 3 yrs. Very disappointing that Fitbit purposely sabotaged our phones. It’s just too coincidental that we all had our phones die on us at approximately the same day & time. Customer service wouldn’t deny or admit when I asked the question about something/someone forcing our phones to die. I asked twice and they went around my question. Hey, if it was an accident, by an employee I could accept the fact that my phone was ruined, Good luck JojoKerry6 !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have decided to move - Best of luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep. This has happened to myself and many other people. How old is your watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My original Versa 2 has been giving me issues and not charging well the app was still installed on my old watch. Find My Phone (the green one) I did buy a new one but the fitbit app shows unavailable for my new versa 2 watch even though it says it is compatible online.

Best Answer

I bought a new watch and can't install the app as it says unavailable. I don't know if anything has to do with google buying fitbit and making changes to the app, (discontinuing challenges) maybe to the watch as well.

Best Answer

My watch is 8 years old, I've had a good run. If these issues continue I'm returning the new watch and getting something not corrupted by the take over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch is less than 2 years old 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, 8 years 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MpowerU2Fitness You say you just bought it. Maybe you'll have find my phone available after you get the firmware update in a few days? It's on my Versa 2 and I don't even remember installing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes