Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery is draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like many of you on the forum, my versa 2 recently started draining every day!! A few days ago, it miraculously sorted itself and was giving me about three days. BUT. This afternoon, it started draining before my eyes. I charged it to 100% and it has drained to zero in about two hours. Nothing has changed. What is going on? I think I might give up and ditch the watch altogether. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Joanebike - unfortunately when a watch starts having symptoms like that it is generally faulty, possibly due to getting moisture inside and once it drains the battery that quickly serious damage has been done.

If it is still under warranty it can be replaced.

You can always chat via the Fitbit App, Help & support section, Contact Customer support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for responding, Guy. I would have thought the same if my Fitbit had not suddenly started working properly for a few days.
I had a conversation with support a couple of weeks ago and it was great for a time, then started draining quickly again almost as soon as I had contacted support to thank them!!
The perversity of inanimate things!!
It is out of warranty, and I am 70 years old. Why should I care how many steps I do in a day/week/month. I give up.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joanebike - I agree, was wondering the same thing before replying. Concluded the first damage was partial, let's say a tiny amount of moisture that subsequently dried of it's own, but later got more moisture and then the damage was more severe. Just a guess.

You can always try drying it out but most likely the damage will be too severe to recover now.

Anyway check the warranty

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came on to see what’s going on because all the sudden my Versa 2 is doing what you explained. It’s out of the blue and I don’t wear mine in any water. I just charged it today again within 2 hours  it went from full charge to now 73%. I usually don’t have to charge mine but maybe once a week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for sharing. I was pretty sure I am not the only one.

Best Answer

I’m curious did you update yours by chance? I never did because everyone was complaining there was so many issues afterwards. I’ve had mine for at least three years with no issues. I only use it to track my steps, sleep and just check if any changes in health metrics. I’m sure it’s like iPhones where they phase them out after so many years and you have to upgrade even though they shouldn’t be allowed to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I didn't update this. I have had it for about 18 months and it has started giving me bother in the last three months or so.
It is very sporadic. Yesterday for example, the battery drained completely in less than 10 hours, but today's charge has only dropped to 90% since 7:30 this morning. It just doesn't make sense. Joan

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. Very annoying as I’ve only had my watch for a year and a bit. I read from some chats from a couple of years ago that an app update may have been the cause. Wonder if that’s the same this time?

Also, when you mention updating are you referring to the app or the watch itself?

Thanks 😊 

Best Answer
Hi. Thanks for sharing. It's good to know that I am not going crazy. I meant that I have not upgraded my watch. I assumed that was what was meant. 🤔

Best Answer

This my 6th Fitbit device.  I currently have a Versa 3.  My battery just started draining like all the treads have described.  Each of my previous Fitbits have died from various defects.  I haven't had one last longer than 3 year and most haven't lasted more than a year and half.  I think I have supported Fitbit long enough.

I don't want to pay the price for an Apple watch.  Does anyone have any suggestion what I should replace my Versa 3 with?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was referring to the actual app update. Which will update your watch I believe. I’m going to do a shutoff/restart my watch and see if it helps. Since I’ve had it every now and then I’ve noticed some days drawing faster than others but it worked itself out usually. Mine was a given to me and I’ve never owed anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Butterfly1122 - there can be many reasons for fast battery drain and a sync and Shutdown/restart can help. If it's a hardware issue there is not much to be done unless it is under warranty which is visible in watch Settings, About Versa 2, System info, activation date , also see firmware level.

The Fitbit App updates don't generally make changes to the watch but syncs can update clocks or apps on the watch with new versions.

Doing a watch firmware update if you currently have problems is likely to create even more issues. It is best to avoid them unless you know what will change.

Best Answer

Yeah I’m avoiding the update. Thank you for sharing insight. Will see how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes