Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery is not replaceable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • I didn't know that Versa 2 is not designed to replace the battery until  I reasearched how to change the battery. If you You look at You Tube that it can be done if you have the right tools or you can send it to a 3rd party vendor and they will replace it for less than it costs to buy a new one but I doubt that the integrity will be the same. I wouldn't get it wet at all, etc.  The biggest disappointment is they are designed to be disposable I!! I spoke with Support and they offer a 35% promo code to purchase a new device (excluding) the new devices just coming out. My watch was out of warranty they said because it was a gift and I can't prove when it was purchased. THIS IS A WIDESPREAD PROBLEMNot just a few devices are involved. I loved the Versa 2 and had purchased the Premium Service. But then the device battery died. After that, the screen went blank. Fitbit should be addressing this problem on a mass scale and not just one at a time!!! IF THERE IS A MODERATOR OUT THERECan you please tell us if you plan to do something more than say Oh Well? We shouldn't be treated this way. These defective devices should be exchanged for a new one with a complimentary Extended Warranty Coverage included!  Because right now, I do not see it as anything else but a RIP OFF
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

If it was a gift, ask the gifter where they bought it. I didn't need proof of purchase for a warranty claim. But I knew where and approximately when I bought it. I'm assuming they have a certain amount of info already, like they know when it was first started up, and perhaps what retailer it was sold to?

Good luck making a Warranty claim ANYWHERE just saying it was a gift,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your suggestion and the watch was just out of warranty. The issue I have trouble with is that this is a widespread problem. When I came to this community, it was clear that this issue was everywhere within the forum. I could see that there were many  complaints. Some were brand new trackers, some were older but none that I read about were any older than 2 years old. My point here is that this is a flaw in the design. It has nothing to do with the warranty. This device is designed to be disposable. To be denied a replacement based on faulty equipment and if the company treats everyone as if this was a  warranty issue and somehow it is the owners fault for breaking it, that is passing the responsibilty. This shouldn't be a case by case resolution. It should be handled by Fitbit and these devices should be treated as a recall. I suppose when more people experience the draining battery that quickly dies and ultimately stops charging completely,  then maybe something will be done. I won't be purchasing one and will not recommend the Versa 2. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Mollyandme, welcome to the Community Forums. I am sorry to hear that you went through that situation with your Versa 2's battery. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

I understand that the outcome of your case with our Support Team is not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. If you have any questions about the resolution of your case, feel free to contact them back for a further explanation of the information you were provided or you can also check our warranty policies here for a better understanding.

Reading your inquiry about the battery, please note that the battery on your Versa 2 is not replaceable nor interchanged. We as Fitbit do not do it or suggest to do it as it could permanently damage your watch.

Keep in mind that your Versa 2 was designed to last 6+ days, but this also depends on how frequently you use all the features of your watch. Said that, I recommend charging your Fitbit watch with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall and then turn off all the features that you don’t use that much.

Thanks for helping out here @MarkMM.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarreFitbit. I ended up using the coupon awarded to me because of the issue with the Versa. This time I chose a Charge 3. So far, so good. I appreciate receiving the coupon and will give Fitbit another try. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Mollyandme, thanks getting back. 😉 I'm happy to hear you chose the Charge 3. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa 2 is also out of warranty having trouble charging. I get empty battery with ! On it. The posts in the back are the issue however Fitbit continues to use this technology as a means to charge the Fitbit's. I have owned fitbits since 2015 n they all charge the same way n when the post degrades it's too bad so sad buy a new one. For the price I shouldn't have to buy one every 2 years. If I wanted to do that I could go to a much cheaper brand n throw in trash. Ridiculous 

Best Answer

Please follow up with your post in 2 years. 

Best Answer