Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery suddenly drains

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have made no changes to settings and my Versa 2 suddenly drains battery after a few hours. Help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

Hello everyone, thank you for your updates in this thread. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome! 

Thanks for the details shared in your posts. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. If you're using an iOS device, please keep an eye for any update for the Fitbit app and make sure to download it once you see it available in the App Store. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I’m back. Two and half weeks and it’s the same problem. I’m currently charging my Fitbit for the second time TODAY as it was completely dead. 

FYI, I’m on an iPhone X running iOS 14.6. Please - do something about this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found that if i turn off Bluetooth for Fitbit only in my settings but keep Bluetooth on for my phone that it will still deliver my notifications (texts and anything else I linked) and not drain my battery. I have to go into my settings to the Fitbit tab and turn on to sync my steps and minutes but this has worked for me the last week. My battery was last fully charged Wednesday and was at 40% this morning. The only thing is, if you forget to turn it off once synced - it’ll drain fast. I synced at 8:45 AM and forgot and it jumped  down to 15%

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, this-losing-battery-in-an-hour thing is not going to work for me. I hope this isn't some kind of trick to get us to purchase new devices. If I have to do that, I will for sure be switching to Apple Watch.  Booooooooooooooo fitbit. 

Best Answer

Been happening for weeks for me too with my Versa. I’ve given up and have an Apple Watch arriving today; so after nearly 8 years with Fitbit I am going to something else. I tried all of the suggestions except turning off Bluetooth syncing because that defeats the purpose for me. Because I can’t always look at my phone, I rely on my smart watch for a quick glance of if a message or call is important (in addition to fitness, sleep, and heart rate tracking). This isn’t meeting my needs anymore and I am very frustrated. I tried to wait it out and have checked for a software update daily without one ever being available. Having to let my Fitbit sit on a charger multiple times a day just doesn’t meet my need. 

Best Answer

I've recently had the same problem. I swam with it 2x for about 10 minutes, and now it won't hold battery life for 12 hours, I used to go 3 to 4 days before charging. Never changed any settings, and I've only had it since January 2021.

Best Answer
0 Votes

update: contact support and they offered a warranty resolution and I sent the watch in on 6/10.  The shipping ticket was theirs - split ship with pickup /drop-off with USPS first.   My trace says accepted by USPS on 6/10 and then pickup by carrier on 6/11 at a nearby PO.   The traceability stops there.   I sent an inquiry to support as to the status.  Yep -- i got an answer which I leave to the audience if that is appropriate  "thanks for letting us know that your device was shipped, we'll let you know once it is processed ".     ok FITBIT -its getting close to 2 months from initial problem to "device is somewhere in the only Fitbit can track and know ether"     so am I out of line or lack patience on this ( 2 months without a device ?  )   really - do i need to go the route of researching other products out there and do cost -value analysis.   Warranty sucks when it is needed and used, sucks even worse when you don't know what's going on.   FITBIT - please tell me that you know where my device is...is it still with carrier, with you and if so why so so long.   It like you are a good friend that wants to part ways.  I have had Fitbit since you were young and have an Aria.  Lets not get to that point of separation.  I need resolution.  so does the community.  did i read that there was an update released or an Apple update ?  I hope for those out of warranty or those that just want resolution that the fix is in the pipeline.   Lil Bo Beep has lost her sheep (  because .....   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you share what you did? factory settings of the fitbit or phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Factory settings for the fitbit. It has been fine since I did it.

Sandie
Best Answer
I tried restarting and nothing changed. I then put my auto on to manual
hoping that would help with battery, no change. Then Saturday night it just
froze on my face screen. Put it the charger, and in the morning it was
froze on the fitbit symbol. Contacted the help line, they had me attempt to
try what I had already done and were unsuccessful. They asked where I was
located and whom I had purchased the watch from. They emailed me a
replacement form to fill out, hopefully I'll be getting a new one in a
week. Thank goodness for my Strava app, it at least tracks my runs for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you can't use it as a smartwatch, what's the point of having a Fitbit Versa?

I've just got a replacement watch sent as my old Versa Lite had developed issues and I'm shocked to see it's not holding the charge.

Are FITBIT working on resolving this issue?

---------------------------------

Hi Liliya,

What is FITBIT doing about resolving this battery issue? 

As mentioned by someone, the only way to prevent the battery from draining fast seems to be to take the watch off bluetooth. This means you can't use it as a smartwatch.

What's the point of having a Fitbit watch if you can't use it as a smartwatch?

Please give affected users some indication of when this issue will be resolved. 

Many thanks.

Best Answer
I gave up and got a versa 3. The battery last over a week. I am sure it
will eventually start to degrade as well.
Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing…  charge and maybe get an hour!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I read through this entire thing and my Versa 1 also had this issue at the exact same time.

I set my brightness setting from auto to DIM and also did a factory reset.

Good to go. Hope this helps for you all! No need to turn off bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you…. I will give it a try!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning, for whatever reason, my Versa light is behaving better again. No massive drain on the battery like yesterday. Haven't changed any settings. Here's hoping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same with me. It says 0% charging even while on the charger.

I asked the customer consultant if it might be the battery and they shift away from giving any answers that are helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are very welcome.
Here is the way I did it and maybe this will help others as well:

1. Sync your watch so you do not lose any data before you reset the device.
  2. Go to settings on the watch and reset to factory default.(while this is going on go to your app on your phone and continue)
  3. Go to your app, remove the watch from the Fitbit app.
  4. Go to bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the device from remembered devices. (forget this device)
  5. When the watch reboots, start the entire setup process again as if it is for a new device.
  6. Let it update, will take about a half hour.
  7. When it is fully updated, setup wifi on the watch. This should resolve it but if it doesn't try one more step:
  8. Set the screen from auto brightness to dim. (not much a difference anyway)
  9. The watch should last the correct amount of time if all of this was done properly. 

My conclusion from this set of steps is that there was an update that didn't take on a lot of peoples older Versas and was causing a conflict thus pinging the watch more than it should, draining more battery because of it. I am now happily getting 20% of battery a day on the Versa 1(which is normal) this will be better on the Versa 2 as it has a better battery. Somewhere along the line, an update got botched and it gets stuck in a loop thus needing the entire watch to be reset to to factory to really take the new update. Doing this allows the watch to skip any bad software updates and skip directly to a working one. Hope this helps 

Best Answer

reply to post of Tristannyc :    What you did and how you explain it makes a lot of sense from someone who
knows a bit about software, and updating devices. I would recommend that
others try this approach and let people know what their experience is. as
for me, well - still no word back from Fitbit on what their carrier did
with it or their 3rd party recovery service. I just seem to be SOL for 2
months now. put my old seiko back on and looking at how i might be able
to fix my Blaze.

Thanks for posting this - I hope this is the Solution. ( Factory reset,
Forget everything and Start as if you never had a Fitbit -except for the
account )

Best Answer
0 Votes

What you did and how you explain it makes a lot of sense from someone who