Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 being discontinued

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just ordered a Versa 2 yesterday. Today I learn it's being discontinued. What happens if I have problems with it? How long is the warranty and how will they honor it if there are no more Versa 2 watches to replace it?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Was your order successful, so you are getting the Versa 2?    If so, what is your source for its being discontinued?  I just found a post from over a year ago claiming that Versa 2 had been discontinued, obviously not true then.  Without official notice, don't necessarily believe everything anyone posts here unless it is an official Fitbit post.

But of course it will be discontinued sometime, as all models are, and there has been a newer Versa 3 available for quite a while.

However, even when discontinued, warranty is still good.  Usually they still have a supply for warranty replacements, and if none available, I think often replace with newer model.  And even when discontinued, doesn't necessarily rule out updates, and phone app updates generally apply to all models.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Thanks so much for your response and putting my mind at ease. Fitbit had to
replace my Charge 3 once so naturally I was concerned.

Yes, I have ordered the Versa 2 and should receive it Friday. After I
ordered it from Amazon and reviewed the order, it said it was being
discontinued. It wasn't on the original order page or I may have ordered
something else. I'm happy to know that there will be replacements still on
hand if need be. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Thanks again for your reply!
Best Answer

So it was actually in the reply from Amazon that said the Versa 2 is being discontinued?  As I said, it doesn't surprise me but I just hadn't heard that yet.  It is also still for sale in the Fitbit Store here.  But, yes, it's nothing to be concerned about.  The Versa 2 is a good model which I am actually wearing right now.  Especially if you prefer a physical button to the touch-sensitive "button" on newer models.

But if you are still concerned, Amazon has good return policy, though it varies if you got from another retailer on Amazon.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer